Vaccinations

The US Centers for Disease Control recommend a hepatitis A, typhoid, and tetanus. Vaccine before traveling to Ecuador.  Did you guys get them?  I'm having finding them here.

Howardofocal wrote:

The US Centers for Disease Control recommend a hepatitis A, typhoid, and tetanus. Vaccine before traveling to Ecuador.  Did you guys get them?  I'm having finding them here.

I would get (have received) Hep A and B and tetanus, whether I was going to Ecuador, or for a walk down the street in the US. I did also take the oral Typhoid regime (4 pills, 4 days), but that was specifically because of my travel to Ecuador.

If you plan adventures to the Amazon, I'd throw in Yellow Feaver just for the heck of it.

We got all of our shots at our Family Doctor. They do have what they call a Travel Clinic in house that has all the vaccines. Google something along the lines of "travel vaccine clinic your town and state" and see what comes up.

The only one that really "concerns" me has no vaccine (Dengue), but since I don't plan on going any lower in altitude than the bottom of the stairs on Calle Larga, I'll just use my St Francis for that :-)

symo

Use Google and see if the local drug stores offer this in your area. I know they offer Hep A and B at the CVS's here in my area.

I only had a tetanus shot- that's it. Been in Ecuador for almost 3 years and no problems. (Also, I've been to the Amazon twice. Again, no problems).

Well, according to one pharmacist I talked to it is illegal in Florida  for pharmacies to dispense most vaccines.  So, I found out they are available at the county health department.  So we're gonna load up.

Thanks for all ter replies.

vaccines are incredibly toxic and more often than not weaken the immune system against disease. Every epidemic in the US has followed a mass vaccination for that affliction. I have had vaccines as a child before I knew better or had a choice. I see you used the word "recommends". Does the us gov or the ecuador gov force immunizations? If I "have to" I guess I could load up with nano silver to kill the disease they put in me and diatomaceous earth to suck out all the heavy metals like mercury.   The only part of traveling that I dread.  I'm not afraid of any sickness. I can beat that in an instant.

One of the reasons I am trying to relocate. I see forced vaccinations coming to the US.  I have vaccine injured children in my family that no longer receive vaccines and are now very healthy. I have been a natural health advocate since I was 28.  I am now 67 and in excellent health.  We are looking at Ecuador, possibly Cuenca.  We will try to visit before June of this year. We are also starting the process of downsizing and selling our home in Florida.  Are you in Cuenca, and if so are you pleased with your choice?
CJD