New Member from California, USA

Hello,
Recently moved here and just started learning French.
Would like to meet some current expats who speak English and French.
Hope to hear from some people!
Francis

Hello Bengit84.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Hope you'll make some interesting contacts here on the forum.

Keep us updated on your expat experiences.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hello,

Im moving to pointe noire soon!.looking for house or apartment with 2 rooms..with swimming pool too ;)

I am Filipina,i dont speak french very well but i understand a bit.

i heard life in congo very far from the life here in angola,.

any filipino group or association in pointe noire?

hasta pronto pointe noire!:cool:

Hi,

Understanding a little bit of French will definitely help you here.  Ordering at a restaurant or shopping was initially difficult because I don't speak any French.

I have not heard of any Filipino groups or associations but I have met Filipinos while I was shopping in the markets and have seen Filipinos at a disco I went to last month. So there are Filipinos here - I don't know of any formal organizations.

My wife's company already leased the apartment we live in before we moved here.  Will a company help you search for a house or apartment? Or do you need to search on your own?

Hello,

Wow good to know that there are some filipinos there.:)

For the moment,i dont know if the company of my husband will assist us to find our own house.
but normally they will assist us.

by the way what company are you working?.im hoping to find part time job there also,full time much better :)

thank you for giving me some info.

by the way your wife is american also? ..keep in touch..

Hello,

I actually do not work here.  My wife is the one who works.  I quit my job as a banker so that we can move here for my wife's two year assignment.  I'm enrolled in an MBA distance-learning program from the U.S.

My wife is also American and this is our first experience living in Africa.

Are you currently working in Angola?