Safety of Pakistanis in Amsterdam

Hey. Im from Lahore. Iam considering to take a short Eurotrip for tourism just to take some time off. I will be staying at Amsterdam for a few days.

What I am concerned is the attitude of Dutch people. Is there any racist attitude of the Dutch?

Due to a bunch of Muslim extremists and lunatics we, pakistanis have earned a bad name across the planet due to which many people DON'T consider hanging out with us. Really embarrassing!!

Im gonna stay at a youth hostel just to meet new people and party.

Please guide me about the general attitude of the public and safety thing in Amsterdam because im going to travel with my girlfriend and this is my first trip to Europe.

Hello messy_chinks.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Your message has been moved to the Amsterdam Forum for more visibility.

Hope that the members will advise you soon.

Thanks

Karen :)

Hello messy chinks,

Welcome to the Netherlands and to this blog.

Amsterdam is a big city and very multicultural so I don't think you get troubles during your stay in this beautiful city.
Unless you make problems by yourself, which I doubt.
Just enjoy the city and the atmosphere.

All the best!

Hi messy chinks,,

I fully agree to the above comment.  Amsterdam is a safe city and one of the most beautiful and tolerant cities in Europe. If you ae hanging out in the city, you will notice mostly tourists and expats living in Amsterdam. There are more expats than Dutch I think :) And people are open to other cultures. There are many people from Morocco and Turkey here who are now Dutch citizens. So, you will be more than fine if you don't invite trouble yourself :)

messy_chinks wrote:

Hey. Im from Lahore. Iam considering to take a short Eurotrip for tourism just to take some time off. I will be staying at Amsterdam for a few days.

What I am concerned is the attitude of Dutch people. Is there any racist attitude of the Dutch?

Due to a bunch of Muslim extremists and lunatics we, pakistanis have earned a bad name across the planet due to which many people DON'T consider hanging out with us. Really embarrassing!!

Im gonna stay at a youth hostel just to meet new people and party.

Please guide me about the general attitude of the public and safety thing in Amsterdam because im going to travel with my girlfriend and this is my first trip to Europe.

It mostly depends on your own attitudes and the stretch your comfort zone can handle. Don't come to Amsterdam if you are strongly opinionated on the use of drugs, prostitution, gays, etc. Come with an open mind and you will be fine.

Now you give the impression that there is drugs and prostitution on every corner of the street.
You know this is not true.
If you want to avoid this you better don't go to some area's.