Visa questions

Anybody please assist.
I came to Oman without going through the whole POEA registration process because that would have taken ages to finish.

What I did was I went to Singapore and flew to Oman.
I got my valid work visa stamped in my passport upon arrival.

Now my question is:
How do I get myself registered in POEA so I can get an OEC?

As far as I know, we need OEC if we come back to the Philippines for vacation.

Thank you for your enlightenment.

Hello allanyasser.

A new thread has been created from your message on the Oman Forum for better interaction.

Hope you'll get some prompt feedbacks soon.

Thanks and good luck

Karen :)

Hi Allanyasser. Just go to OWWA office beside the Philippine Embassy in Muscat and apply for that OEC, it is closer to 10 riyals. Some Filipinos are going there only before they have their vacation. But I strongly suggest to you, to go there and discuss to them what you have been thru. Don't worry, it is typical. They will not catch you. =)They are aware that many Filipinos are doing that to avoid too much time. Good luck!

Thanks dude.

wel can u help to give information ... more...
i have a friend in pakistan .. and his girlfrind is from phlippines and working in oman ... and she has a valid visa. i dont know which visa but she is legal and working there..
so wht is the procedure to turn over to muslim and mary her if my friend will go to oman and marry her... and also get the certificate of her girlfriend of convert to muslim and also get the certificate of marriage .. which he will use to register his marriage in pakistan to apply for her wife to get visa for living in pakistan ...
can u tell me how could that marriage take place in oman whn my friend is on visit visa and she is also foreigner and have a valid visa.and get convertion to muslim and also get the marriage certificate from oman
thx in adv plzz
ADNAN IRSHAD

Those holding a visit visa are not allowed to take up any employment, start a business or get married, besides other don'ts.

Check the Royal Oman Police website for full details.

Without holding a valid Resident Card - proof of being a registered expatriate citizen - one cannot do much here except just stay for 3-months, with a 1-month extension.