Moving towards Australia; Required information...

Hi Every Body;
Good Day!
I'm permanent resident of Australia and living here in Kuwait with my family (Me+ My Wife+ my Son 9 months old).
As I told about my PR, I'm planning to permanently settle down over there in Australia but to be very frank; I don't know much about the areas where I can settle down easily. I'm Electrical Engineer and want to find Electrical related job over there. Some of my friends suggested me to go to Perth but really except Melbourne, I don't aware of any area because I spent quite few time there in Melbourne. As per my experience, Melbourne is not suitable for me to settling down because of job scope. Seeking some information about Perth if you guys don't mind then please give me some details about,
•    Job scope?
•    The living cost?
•    House rent?
•    May I book a flat before my departure?
•    Further any official requirement which has to  fulfill there at arrival?
etc. and any other important which you think to bring in to notice.
I'm a Muslim and prefer to reside near Muslim community if possible.
Your reply will be really a big help for me to plan my permanent departure towards the Australia.
Note: May reply on umair_koc at yahoo. com
Cheers,
Umair

For jobs the best state is West Australia because of the mining work going on.

For cost of living www.numbeo.com 

For Muslim community just do a Google search, 'Muslim community Perth'

Rents are expensive, tax rates are high, transport and cost of living is too.  You will also need medical insurance cover for you and your family.

As for renting I would suggest you come over first so you and then look around for somewhere to live. If you can contact someone in the Muslim community they may well be able to assist you in finding somewhere to live.

If you have PR then you should start looking for a job online.
Check out www.seek.com.au as they advertise hundreds of jobs all over Australia.

Hi Umair,

I suggest you to go through the Perth forum where you might find more information.

Thank you,

David.