Newcomer in Sydney - meet friendly people

Hi there!

I am a newcomer in Sydney and don't know many people here. I have been living in Perth for 1 year then travelling across Australia up to Sydney. If anyone is free for a coffee or a drink it would be nice to catch up. I am looking for a job here, but as I haven't succeeded so far I have plenty of spare time.
Feel free to contact me to get in touch.

I hope to meet some of you.

Cheers,
Antoine

Hi Antoine,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you post an advert or your resume in the Jobs in Sydney section. It will be better if you know what you good at.. in what sector you looking for work. So as your experience and skills on your resume match the job you will be applying for :)

Finding work in café/restaurants won't be too hard as they always need someone as waiter or as a dishwasher. Just be well dress, try to look fresh and well shave when dropping your resume. It really help :D

It won't be hard to make friends there.. just be out make it way easier. The best spots to make friends are those bars with seats outside just on the streets.. order a coffee or else, maybe ask the waiter if they are recruiting at the moment, you never know, and it won't kill you to ask tho ;).

People are really friendly, open and nice. Every time you go out you obviously will meet someone new. Even staying in a backpack hotel help to meet people and make friends. Still be careful tho :/

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Maximilien,

thanks for your advices!
Actually I think it will be alright for the job. Still I am keen on meeting new people. I have to admit the pub are quite nice here, better than in Perth ;)

Cheers,
Antoine

Hi Antoine,

I'm sure you will be fine with job hunting. Lots of opportunity in Australia + lots of hours = good money :)

What are the places you been to in Australia so far ? Any road trip or bush walking and wild life experience ?

Again best of luck with work

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi again Maximilien,

as I have been one year in WA I have seen some of the national parks there (karijini the best one I think, with Esperance and Exmouth). I have done lot of road trips there. We have also travelled from Perth to Sydney by car (1 month and a half) with my girlfriend. So again we have seen most of the spots in between.

Huge conutry isn't! I think I am done with road trip, for a while ;)

See y'a
Antoine