Home Appliances - Urgent Help Needed

Hi all EB members,

I have just got an unfurnished property yesterday i need to get the bare basic's in as i am a british muslim and ramdan is only 3 days away in sha allah....can anyone recommend me on the following items and where the best place for me to go get them from. i am looking for Sony, samsung, toshiba or LG branded items only also thoroughly how much am i looking to pay?

1. Electric cooker with grill
2. Fridge/Freezer large size with equal size freezer and fridge 
3. Microwave Oven (Digital)
4). Kettle, Toster
5). Washing Machine + Dryer

Thanks

Smaller appliances you can find at most of the hypermarkets.  I got my microwave at Carrefour.

For larger appliances, many people go to Xtra.

choudhers wrote:

Hi all EB members,

I have just got an unfurnished property yesterday i need to get the bare basic's in as i am a british muslim and ramdan is only 3 days away in sha allah....can anyone recommend me on the following items and where the best place for me to go get them from. i am looking for Sony, samsung, toshiba or LG branded items only also thoroughly how much am i looking to pay?

4). Kettle, Toster

Thanks

Hello again,

Go to Xtra, First or Electro or even Hyper Panda. They are the Saudi version of Currys. Beware of salesperson though. Do not trust any salesperson. Only purchase what you want you like yourself. Dont let them guide you! Most salesperson will tell you porky!

For Fridge, go for Samsung (mid-range) brand. You can always go for American brands which would be about 30% more than Samsung price. You should be looking at  SAR 1500-3500.

Washing machines + dryer (2 in 1), go for LG or Samsung. Should set you about SAR 2000.

I dont know much about the rest.

I had to go through the pain of getting these items a month ago..

Happy shopping :)

Oh, and I meant to mention:  check the EB classifieds 'For Sale.'  Lots of times people leave KSA and are selling almost new things at very reasonable prices!

Or even expatriates.com:
http://www expatriates.com/classifieds/riy/appliances/

You can browse through eXtra's website for their prices and even order them online and get it delivered or collect it from their store.
http://www extrastores.com/?lang=en

choudhers wrote:

Hi all EB members,

4). Kettle, Toster

Thanks

Go to Shita Saif.

enjoy.