Looking to relocate to Kraków

Hello everyone!

I'm a 26-year old engineer (M.Sc Mechanical engineering) looking to relocate to Kraków. I'm currently working in Switzerland for a major energy company, and have 2-3 years work experience, but am interested in working in other engineering areas as well.

I'm a native speaker of Swedish and English, took French for several years in school, and have been learning Polish for the past year. I've also picked up a bit of German here in Switzerland (though admittedly the Swiss German dialect is very different).

I am curious if anyone has any ideas on where I could find work - ideally I would like to find an English-speaking job at first, but one of my reasons for wanting to relocate is in order to develop my Polish, so hopefully that will develop in time. Also, I am curious what kind of salary I should ask for (obviously I am aware that I will be taking a large pay cut compared to working here in Switzerland).

During my own job searches online I have found a fair number of English-speaking engineering jobs in Warsaw, but there don't seem to be as many in Kraków - maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

I must admit that your chances are much better in Warsaw than Krakow as mechanical engineer. As capital always bring loads of international manufacturing companies. Krakow recently specilise in share centres mostly accounting and IT. There is not a lot of manufacturing facilities. There are Donnelley, Man or Polpharma and probably couples of other international manufacturing companies. On the other hand we got Mechanical departments in major Krakow Uni: Akademia Gorniczo Hutnicza or Politechnika Krakowska. Worth to look at Uni/Academy websites and see if there are career sections there. Big advantege is Swedish so I its probably good idea to look for Swedish companies which invested in Poland.
Good luck.