Senegal Nationality

Hello people

i need some help

i'm half Senegalese and Lebanese,

so i have married an Egyptian girl
and now we live in Senegal

and my daughter have the Senegalese nationality.

i've been trying like so long to give the nationality for my wife

is there any way easy procedures to do that, ?

i really need help n that,

otherwise any other thing i can do that they give her a complimentary residence since her husband is Senegalese?

thank you

Hello Samo_Krose.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Samo_Krose wrote:

Hello people

i need some help

i'm half Senegalese and Lebanese,

so i have married an Egyptian girl
and now we live in Senegal

and my daughter have the Senegalese nationality.

i've been trying like so long to give the nationality for my wife

is there any way easy procedures to do that, ?

i really need help n that,

otherwise any other thing i can do that they give her a complimentary residence since her husband is Senegalese?

thank you

Hello there!

I have the same problem - but am lazy and haven't done it yet.  Under President Wade, they enacted a law where you can get Senegalese nationality if you have been living here for 5 years.  You pay 200,00cfa and fill out the paperwork proving you have been working and paying taxes while here. 

If you're legit and have no record of trouble in the system, both you and your wife should be able to get your papers with no problem.  It will take forever, but it can be done!  Well, maybe not. If you are paying 200,000cfa they may get it done in a timely fashion.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

SenegalStyle

There's a new law going into effect in August. This would allow the Senegalese spouse male or female to sponsor their spouse. If you are in Dakar go to the dept. of justice. If you're outside of the country inquire with your nearest Senegalese consulate or Embassy. You will need your card ident and birth certificate along with hers and proof of marriage. Good luck.