American man marrying a non muslim Saudi woman

I am a 52 year old American man working in Riyadh. I met the most beautiful Saudi woman and have fallen madly in love with her. She is 25 and non muslim. What should I anticipate in order to marry her?

Huh..this is the first time i have heard non muslim saudi woman!

benchmarkzenith wrote:

Huh..this is the first time i have heard non muslim saudi woman!

Same here.

It's true. She cannot stand the life here and the way women are treated.

corazon02 wrote:

But she's still Muslim by birth.

Either way, wish to marry her nontheless.

Go for it! After all they lure American women into marriage and Islam. You may be a payback.

corazon02 wrote:

Either way, wish to marry her nontheless.

This has been covered before.  Why not do a 'google custom search' and see what you turn up :)

Best of luck.

Anani40 wrote:

Go for it! After all they lure American women into marriage and Islam. You may be a payback.

Oh, I don't know too many American women being lured into marriage and Islam and all it entails!

I have gone on the Google searches. There are some where foreign women wish to marry Saudi men. Not sure why though...theey will be in for a big surprize IMO. The others in my similar situation were somewhat vague. I'm hoping to hear from someone who has actually done this.

I said Google CUSTOM search.  See the white, rectangular box up to the right?  That will search just this blog.

For example, I just typed  "expat man marriage Saudi woman" and there were a lot of threads that came up. 

Here's one of the threads discussing this topic:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21520

ok thanks. I will take a look.

Also, there is this current discussion:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 95#1340160

Alliecat wrote:
corazon02 wrote:

??? :rolleyes:

Alliecat wrote:

...and till the death, or will face a death punishment for apostasy.

It's called conversion.

You're 52, she's 25.
You're madly in love with her (or are having some sort of mid-life crisis infatuation), she's in love with the idea of departing the conservative Kingdom.
You're marrying for love, she's marrying for...

Am I the only one who predicts this won't end well even if you both miraculously reach US shores in one piece?

Thank you...did I forget to mention that the feeling is mutual? No mid-life crises here, just extreme joy that I am able to experience what I have longed for all these years. That simple.

corazon02 wrote:

Thank you...did I forget to mention that the feeling is mutual? No mid-life crises here, just extreme joy that I am able to experience what I have longed for all these years. That simple.

Love is blind (no offence meant). :lol:

@corazon, I'm happy for you. For me, true love doesn't necessarily need a marriage. Marriage is only a legal formality.  All the best to both of you :)

So, are you suggesting him not to get marred? :whistle:

TheLegendLeads wrote:

So, are you suggesting him not to get marred? :whistle:

Love is independently complete, with or without marriage (Personal experience). There should be love in all successful marriages. Not all true love stories have resulted in marriage (friends' experience). However, this post is about marrriage. So I won't stretch this any further. :)

What are you suggesting him ?? :P

That was a teaser Dave :)

I'd suggest them to get married. Nothing else can eradicate the feeling of insecurity. It's in fact a state of mnd which has to pass through various stages of evolution and thus needs constant nurturing. A little feel of insecurity (underestimated usually) can grow huge and devastate everything eventually.

May God bless them.

corazon02 wrote:

It's called conversion.

You don't understand Islam.  A Saudi Muslim cannot 'convert' to another religion; in fact, it's expected that the rest of us RE-vert to Islam!

I'm curious how you two came to know each other so well that you're in love in a culture where males/females are prohibited from mingling.

That's is the beauty of love. It has no boundaries if it is meant to be.

Alliecat wrote:

I'm curious how you two came to know each other so well that you're in love in a culture where males/females are prohibited from mingling.

Well, there's always the Internet.

smurfette wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Well, there's always the Internet.

Good point.  He's being mysterious about it lol

We just started talking. Perhaps I will write a book about it some day. If I'm being mysterious it's for her protection and mine. I will tell you this though, this feeling is the most intense I have ever felt toward anyone in all my years. I wish everyone could feel what I am feeling since meeting her. My heart beats like a symphony whenever I even think of her, and I will fight to no end for her to be my wife.

So it's not internet, but rather real life?

As far as I know there are 2 way.

the easy way she somehow leaves Saudi to another country where you marry her, but the problem it wont be recognized here unless you submit the papers to your nearest Saudi embassy

Documents required to be attached to citizenship have been married without permission and want to correct their situation:
1. Attach a certified copy of the marriage contract.
2. Attach a copy of a birth certificate for children if she had children of her foreign husband.
3. Proof of work before and after marriage.
4. Attach a copy of family card to her father if it were added or a copy of the recorded computer
Automated.

the hard way you convert to Islam (saudi women can only marry muslim men) get engaged to her through her family, get the Ministry of Interior to give permission (the hardest of all parts and this is where your conversion comes in). the process with the ministry could take years, and ask your embassy for help in that regard

It's so real that I sometimes need to pinch myself .

Like I said before, ...to no end.

corazon02 wrote:

My heart beats like a symphony whenever I even think of her, and I will fight to no end for her to be my wife.

Okie-dokey, good luck with that.

just watching ,nothing else

corazon02 wrote:

It's so real that I sometimes need to pinch myself .

Hope it all works out for you.

Thank you

IT IS STRANGE that you think marriage as a way to lure the American women into Islam .Which is a religion which can't be enforced upon anyone without their will. It is  the most unIslamic Saudis who seek such trophies to adorn their !!!!!! ?

Whoa little pony. Take a look around. You're reply is out of context here.

Deary My reply is to a member Anani 40 . My best wishes are with you and your wild beating heart. If so ever you marry this so called non - Muslim Saudi.

corazon02 wrote:

We just started talking. Perhaps I will write a book about it some day. If I'm being mysterious it's for her protection and mine. I will tell you this though, this feeling is the most intense I have ever felt toward anyone in all my years. I wish everyone could feel what I am feeling since meeting her. My heart beats like a symphony whenever I even think of her, and I will fight to no end for her to be my wife.

Sounds fantastic...

But back to reality:
- When did you meet her for the first time? Yesterday? Or a day before?
- What are your common interests?
- Is she ready to live like most women in the West - to be a cook, a house cleaner, a driver, a maid, a nanny, and to have a job at the same time?

I see humeraali. Well, I cannot speak for the Saudi fishermen; but my intent is purely inspired from my heart, not in spite of any other's motives.