What Are The Most Positive Things Ecuador Offers Vs. Old Lifestyle

Hello everyone, I have read many posts on several different forums, blogs etc. Most are focused on either finding information on what to expect in Ecuador or what is wrong or not right with Ecuador. In this discussion how about each of us posts what is right or great about Ecuador? Why we are here? What is better here than where we came from? Personally there are so many things I find better that I can't list them all.Much Lower Stress levels, Easier going people, Less materialistic lifestyles, More time to enjoy life, Less (far less) congested roads, Incredibly better, fresher and healthier foods, Easier access and less costly Healthcare. On a personal level we definitely spend far less time on politics and concerning (or worrying) ourselves with these kinds of things. We live at the Ocean which is a huge positive as we could not afford to live there in the US and it was cold there! The entire lifestyle for us is so much more positive here I thought it was time to see what others have experienced and if they feel the same! Of course we are warmer and have escaped the cold wet weather we became so used to.  No need for heat here, it's warm all the time! I could go on , but all of the above and more contribute to the Happy people coming here and the locals that lived here before! Let's work really hard here to keep this thread focused on the positives of Ecuador. Please no negatives, let's only list the positives of this Happy Blessed place! Ok so I am so curious to see if I am the only one that noticed all the great things we have here. Many have focused on the negatives and now let's see how many positives we all can share!!!!!! Charlie

I am really looking forward to the responses to this post. Let's accentuate the positive  and negate the negative. Thanks for the post Charlie!  Hal

$2 (or less) 3 course lunch.

UNBELIEVABLE!

The life style, and the people.
In a very short time frame, I have found myself acclimating to the South American attitude of taking things as they come. I was in business for a number of years in the US, and I found myself often in a frenzy to get things done.... right now! Even in retirement these last few years, I still had that attitude. Why? I'm retired, no need for dead lines.
I know this new, relaxed form of lifestyle will be ton's better for my health. And add to that, the lovely people and better diet... it doesn't get much better.
ENJOY!!!!
Neil

That doesn't include the 1.50 for the large Pilsner though;)