Looking for a position in the Bahamas

I am a Senior Construction Project Manager looking for a position in the Bahamas. I recently finished a resort on St. Lucia which is 5 star.  Have spent the last 10 years doing the same in the Caribbean. Does anyone have advice, or know of any potential positions? Thanks. [email protected]

Hello stevebattell.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You should post an advert in the Jobs in Bahamas section.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Good luck Steve
I have just returned from a 13 year stay in the Bahamas, the last 4 years as a project manager on two high end private houses. I have retired now so I have no axe to grind. It is just disappointing.
The present government is less than enthusiastic with handing out work permits to ex-pats especially in the construction, hospitality and telecoms industries.
They were elected on a "Bahamas for the Bahamians" platform. Not that that is a bad thing, it is just that the authorities ignore the fact that they do not have enough qualified or experienced Bahamians to do the jobs satisfactorily. It has come to the point that "good enough" will do as it is the "Bahamian Way"!
One of the ministers responsible for granting work permits was involved with the Anna Nicole fiasco, so if you can get an interview with him and you have a good figure, a low cut top and short skirt, you just might swing it!!
It is a great place so good luck!

I had the same situation in Aruba. Yes, it was disappointing. Thanks