Cedulas

good day.....would some persons reply as to how long it took to receive their cedula.....I applied may 4 in medellin and they said 2 weeks and to check their website to see if my 5 digit number they stamped in my passport on my conjugal visa was showing as ready for pickup.....anyway it is now 2 months and my number is not showing on their website....I will post my story about how I eventually obtained my conjugal visa if someone requests....for eg. travel from mde to bog and getting rejected, visits to 3 notaries in mde and 3 in bog all telling me different info....

Hi, I had some fun with the cedula.

I got my conjugal visa in London before traveling with no problems. On arrival in Bucaramanga in March 2012, I got my temporary cedula (contraseña) within a few weeks. However that was just a piece of paper with the cedula number, and some people here want to reject the contraseña as not valid. Anyway, we got a letter from Immigration Colombia stating the temporary card was fully valid. I had no problems opening a bank (savings) account with the temporary card nor dealing with the DIAN or chamber of commerce.

We kept asking if the permanent card had arrived at Immigration Colombia. In December 2012 they said come back with different sized photos, which we did. In March 2013 they said come back and have digital photos taken and digital fingerprints scanned. I did that. The permanent card arrived in May 2013. That is 14 months from arrival!

I think the delay had a lot to do with changing over their systems. I hope it's much quicker now.....