Looking to buy land in Philippines and build my house

Are you still looking for land in the Philippines? I have a land available in an exclusive subdivision.. 105 sq.m.. in two (2) storey residences type.. you can build customized-house as you want.. you can contact me through my email if you are interested.. [email protected]

Looking to buy land in Philippines and build my house. Please will someone give me contact information on builders and places where I can buy materials.
Hi D R Jones,
Just came across your blog and notice that amazingly you have over 120 replies and as such and knowing little about blogging, I've no idea will you get to read my advice.
My information is to confirm you can own (control) land via a Corporation at minimum, compared to the price of the land, cost.
When I retired to the Philippines 11 years ago, on the advice of an Australian friend who had been in business here for 40 years, I formed a Corp. through his Attorney and purchased an 864 sqm lot at Riviera Country & Golf Club, Silang, Cavite. However as other bloggers have mentioned, involving an Attorney, who in my case brought in four other Attorneys as Directors, proved to be somewhat expensive, although in reality not truly expensive compared to the price of the lot!
More recently having sold my Corp., I purchased a smaller 355 sqm lot, again at Riviera and again via a Corp., but this time I used a local Accountant to handle the documentation and appointed my wife and my expat friends as Directors, thereby reducing the cost to a few hundred USD.
We have since built a really splendid home, costing way below market value, by doing without the services of an Architect or a Contractor. Instead we employed a Civil Engineer to draw up blue prints based on our sketch and we employed experienced skilled labor on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, to carry out the construction, under the watchful eyes of my wife. To achieve this important aim we rented a nearby house throughout the construction period.
Obtaining materials is usually not a problem, in our case there are no less than five suppliers within one mile of our Riviera sub-division. May I suggest you email me privately for further information on any aspect of an expat living in the Philippines, I'll be glad to hear from you. [email protected]
Re the location of Riviera, it's one hour driving time from Manila airport via Skyway & SLEX.

too bad. my contacts for builders and suppliers were in Cebu  :)

WintergolfinPI wrote:

Looking to buy land in Philippines and build my house. Please will someone give me contact information on builders and places where I can buy materials.
Hi D R Jones,
Just came across your blog and notice that amazingly you have over 120 replies and as such and knowing little about blogging, I've no idea will you get to read my advice.
My information is to confirm you can own (control) land via a Corporation at minimum, compared to the price of the land, cost.
When I retired to the Philippines 11 years ago, on the advice of an Australian friend who had been in business here for 40 years, I formed a Corp. through his Attorney and purchased an 864 sqm lot at Riviera Country & Golf Club, Silang, Cavite. However as other bloggers have mentioned, involving an Attorney, who in my case brought in four other Attorneys as Directors, proved to be somewhat expensive, although in reality not truly expensive compared to the price of the lot!
More recently having sold my Corp., I purchased a smaller 355 sqm lot, again at Riviera and again via a Corp., but this time I used a local Accountant to handle the documentation and appointed my wife and my expat friends as Directors, thereby reducing the cost to a few hundred USD.
We have since built a really splendid home, costing way below market value, by doing without the services of an Architect or a Contractor. Instead we employed a Civil Engineer to draw up blue prints based on our sketch and we employed experienced skilled labor on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, to carry out the construction, under the watchful eyes of my wife. To achieve this important aim we rented a nearby house throughout the construction period.
Obtaining materials is usually not a problem, in our case there are no less than five suppliers within one mile of our Riviera sub-division. May I suggest you email me privately for further information on any aspect of an expat living in the Philippines, I'll be glad to hear from you. [email protected]
Re the location of Riviera, it's one hour driving time from Manila airport via Skyway & SLEX.

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I have options for foreigners to own real estate

AllyCruz wrote:

I have options for foreigners to own real estate

Are you talking about land or a condo ?

Remember, a foreigner cannot normally own land in his/her own name.

not a condo.  I have a Raw Land with options to foreigners

Hi Ally, i'd be interested in learning more. Thanks. Peter, Riviera Golf Estate. Silang. Cavite.

AllyCruz wrote:

not a condo.  I have a Raw Land with options to foreigners

What are the options for foreigners to own land ?

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : No advertising please.Register in the Real estate in the Philippines

Wow, just noticed your blog was posted over two years ago... Are you still looking and if so where are you looking,  where is your preferred choice of location? Peter. Riviera golf estate. Silang. Cavite

Hi TeeJay, well said, bravo. I notice you live in Silang, likewise myself within Riviera, opposite the Shell gas station Silang.

Also well done for showing a photo of yourself. I'm relatively new to blogging, four months only, and I'm surprised the majority of serial bloggers, those with hundreds, if not thousands of blogs to their credit, hide their name and appearance and yet we the uninitiated are expected to believe their crazy at times, advice. Cheers. Peter.

Hi guys! I am in the Philippines right now and I am happy to know that there are a lot of expats considering this country as a retirement place. I suggest that if you are to start a family and planning to build a house, better have it in the province. Surely, you will love it!

aldenatienza wrote:

I suggest that if you are to start a family and planning to build a house, better have it in the province. Surely, you will love it!

But what if people prefer City living ?

City: Pay $X X 2.5, and tell your lungs to enjoy the pollution !

MikeandCo wrote:

City: Pay $X X 2.5, and tell your lungs to enjoy the pollution !

But if someone prefers City life, why would they be expected to surely love the province ?

ABCDiamond wrote:
aldenatienza wrote:

I suggest that if you are to start a family and planning to build a house, better have it in the province. Surely, you will love it!

But what if people prefer City living ?

There are also busy cities in the provinces. They actually get to enjoy the best of both worlds.. city life and countryside. :)

What people not taking into account,is the lack of quality heath-services in the provinces I lived in the province.Yes,i loved it I became sick,and nearly died,as doctors had no idea .of  the treatment i needed in the local hospital.I came to Cebu Thank you Chong Hua hospital.

aldenatienza wrote:

There are also busy cities in the provinces. They actually get to enjoy the best of both worlds.. city life and countryside. :)

But if a person likes Makati, and that style with all the Western options around him, why would he be expected to love the Province.

The point I am making is almost the opposite to your point.

I could of course say: "I suggest that if you are to start a family and planning to build a house, better have it in Makati City. Surely, you will love it!
And some would disagree with me, quite rightly.

But for some, Makati gives more options than a Province to them. 
Albeit, some areas being at a cost that many would find impossible.
(Median house price: Forbes Park, Makati.  Php382.9 million (A$12,000,000)

I suppose I am already living in a City in a Province, but I would rather be in a better one.

aldenatienza wrote:

Hi guys! I am in the Philippines right now and I am happy to know that there are a lot of expats considering this country as a retirement place. I suggest that if you are to start a family and planning to build a house, better have it in the province. Surely, you will love it!

I agree.. and I have one in Oslob.. if any of you are looking for a lot in Oslob, Cebu (just a few minutes ride to whale shark), just tell me so we could be neighbors. ;) hehe

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please note that advertising/publicity is not allowed on the forum.Drop an advert in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You must be a phlipino to buy it or be married to one only,unless you buy a condo,just do your research

Peter,
You were one of the smart ones that did'nt get taken for a ride. You did your homework. Well done.
Dinky

Great Idea Man, Resty Garcia here, I would like to offer you my 308 square meters up and down 8 bedrooms, three bath room and toilet house and lot located at Marikina City, 3 minutes accessible to everythin andit is a semi commercial 24 hour security guarded subdivision. Just in case you want to move immediately you don`t have to build it, just renovate it. If your interested please E mail me. Thanks.

a friend of mine is selling his house and lot in Banawa, Cebu City. Lot size is approximately 461 sqm with two storey house composed of 5 beds and a park space that could accommodate upto 4 vehicles. :)

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Proposition of services and sharing of contact infos not allowed
Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Drop advert in HOUSING section on green banner above please.
Ela Cruz wrote:

You might want to put this in the classifieds.   Those numbers pretty high.

If you are not in a hurry to settle in the country, I suggest you try vacationing in many provinces for you to assess the town and the people around you. After which, look for a Filipina who will take care of you (via marriage). Yes, because that is the only way for you to own land. Don't marry someone who will keep asking you to buy this and that. Rather, look for someone who is simple, smart and prudent enough when it comes to spending.

Your property titles (land property for example) will be written under the name of the Filipina wife, but you can make it clear in the Assessor's Office to write an annotation on the title that the property owner is married to Mr... That way, if a Filipina tries to scam the foreigner-husband of his property by selling it, the transfer of title will not take place because the name that appears on the annotation on the title will have to be consulted first prior to any development.

Regards and best of luck.

I bought a house and lot in bulacan it was a scam, they fiddled the interest and i only got half my down payment back. my wifes parents were brokers for the company !!

I now own land in the north and im scared to trust anybody there, builders or the construction companies.

I guess i will wait till i find somebody i can trust...

Adam,
Choose an area where family expats live, rent for a while and build up contacts and information about builders and develophers. Check what they have built previously.look at title deeds, get the lawyer to check chem before you hand over any money. If the owner is deceased check that the relatives have signed and agreed to the sale.

I could help u if u want pls contact me 09276877682

Adam Drewry wrote:

I bought a house and lot in bulacan it was a scam, they fiddled the interest and i only got half my down payment back. my wifes parents were brokers for the company !!

That sounds about normal, unfortunately.

Adam Drewry wrote:

Hmmm...  Can we ever actually trust anyone ?

U can trust me I promiss u if u are interested to buy Å land just contact me. I could help u. Pls... Call me now. 09276877682' I'm rose galigao

ABCDiamond wrote:
Adam Drewry wrote:

That sounds about normal, unfortunately.

Adam Drewry wrote:

Hmmm...  Can we ever actually trust anyone ?

It is sad to hear of any scam and often we are left to try and help or give advice in a very late or "reactive" mode.  However, it is amazing that any expat can "buy" a house & lot here in the PI and not have been "proactive" in first determining some key elements of the transaction, including a clearly spelled out contract; which includes the locked-in rate from the lender and how the title will be annotated  with both owner and buyer's names, PRIOR to any deposit or downpayment, including a provision for 100% return of "ernest money" funds due to any unauthorized changes in the contract (i.e., a voidable contract).

ALL expats must do their homework prior to even 1 Php of deposit being delivered, including having a very clear understanding of the following:

Philippine Association of Real Estate Boards (PAREB)
RA 9646 (http://www.prc.gov.ph/uploaded/document … 6.RESA.pdf)
Possible additional limits under RA 8179
PD 957 ( http://hlurb.gov.ph/wp-content/uploads/ … pd_957.pdf )
Understanding CTS (contract to sell) as oppose to a DOS (deed of sale)
Understanding of the term "ernest money" regarding deposit returns as stated in the purchase contract and Philippine Supreme Court ruling on this issue found under; G.R. No. 91901 ( http://www.lawphil.net/judjuris/juri199 … _1991.html )
Understanding if you have/had a "Voidable contract" vs. a "Rescissible contract".*
What will be required and allowed at the registry of deeds office
How to file "fraud-related charges against the agent or broker"

* Closely review Philippine Civil Code (Articles 1380 to 1422) where defective contracts are enumerated in graduated order of irregularity: (1) the rescissible, (2) the voidable, (3) the unenforceable, and (4) the void or inexistent.  Also look at how "Fraud" is defined in Article 1338.

I am not trying to give advice on or specify how to address spouse family issues here.  IMHO, a spouse should support 100% understanding of the above references being understood and the expat's refusal to release even Php 1 prior to the contract containing all of the protections and advice contained in the above references.  When an expat does this, he/she is just being "proactive" and doing the best to protect him/herself his/her family.  My view is to trust my learning process first, share that with the trusted spouse second, and evaluate/re-evaluate levels of trust for those involved as the situation(s) unfold.

Best wishes to all on this topic.

rosemarie galigao wrote:

U can trust me I promiss u if u are interested to buy Å land just contact me. I could help u. Pls... Call me now. 09276877682' I'm rose galigao

A foreigner cannot buy land in his own name in the Philippines.

Are you a real estate expert ?

Calif-Native wrote:

It is sad to hear of any scam and often we are left to try and help or give advice in a very late or "reactive" mode.  However, it is amazing that any expat can "buy" a house & lot here in the PI and not have been "proactive" in first determining some key elements of the transaction, including a clearly spelled out contract; which includes the locked-in rate from the lender and how the title will be annotated  with both owner and buyer's names, PRIOR to any deposit or downpayment, including a provision for 100% return of "ernest money" funds due to any unauthorized changes in the contract (i.e., a voidable contract)....

The problem is the trusting of a partner and their parents / family.  People (locals) who KNOW the rules etc and will do everything for us...

If trust is given, it is all too often taken advantage of by some.

You see how many Filipinos say 'trust me, I will help' ...  and then what happens ?

I understand your point well.  My point is to research and learn the law first!!!  Share results with spouse but stick with the checks and balances learned in the research and document those in all legal actions.  If this is done, it won't make any difference what relative processed or was involved with the process as much.  The broker can be facing court actions if the contract was broken and a refund was not given based on ernest money requirements. 

Will it always be easy always?  No

Will it stop or slow some scams? Yes, I think so. 

If we never learn our rights and make the contracts clear and inclusive, what is the purpose of  complaining after the fact?  For some here, they may not have any clue as to the protections available under the law.  To that end, I just share. 

If the spouse & family are not going to scam or protect the expat, let that come out also and each expat can handle that as a private matter.

This is a subject that needs continual discussions so that old and new readers are fully aware of the potential pitfalls, and don't just trust 'anyone' that says trust me.

rosemarie galigao wrote:

Ms Rose,

Your post illustrates a very typical example of what expats go through here and in person.  We are told we can trust a person and yet we are never given clear background and or education that supports the topic we are to trust them with.  Would you go have an operation from a person claiming to be a doctor (that never made it to medical school) but just assured you that he/she can be trusted?

Your bio does not contain any references to real estate, you being a holder of a license or degree and yet we are to trust you?  Are you aware that to even post such a offer is in violation of your country's law?  So, without a degree, license, history or any other related background, how could an expat just trust a person offering help as you do?   

Is it fair to say that it seems like you offer help as means to make money and that by saying "you can trust me" you hope even just a few expats will trust you and pay money thru you to the broker/sales rep you are unofficially under, to enable you to make a commission???

Good luck!