Hi all

I want to know what is the easiest way of getting residency permit in Ecudor ?

Hello ksraj. :)

Maybe you could give more a small introduction and more details of what you are looking for.
This will help us give you better guidance.

Thank you,
Aurélie

ksraj wrote:

I want to know what is the easiest way of getting residency permit in Ecudor ?

You might want to read the entries on here or other blogs and the actual national website, which is not always up to date, as to the requirements and then ask specific questions.  Marrying a citizen of Ecuador might make it easier.

According to levels of complication, number 1 being the least complicated:
1)Marrying an Ecuadorian (everyone knows is not a good idea to marry for papers!)
2)Having an Ecuadorian baby (same as above applies but to get papers on child birth!)
3)purchasing US$ 25K worth of property (can be land)
4)freezing US$ 25K in a CD at an Ecuadorian bank
5)if you are retired, submit retirenment certificate for at least US$ 800/ month
6)mmh..now that I think it harder, maybe I sould have categorized options 1 and 2 in 4th and 5th positions, they can become the highest complicated overtime :D

1) Have a university degree

...) varios otros opciones

99) marriage, kids. Anyone who tells you that marriage and/or kids are easy must be under 15 years old ;-)

The site is down right now, but here is the link to the horses mouth:

http://www.mmrree.gob.ec/servicios/req_visas.asp

PS: If you go to Spanish language section of this forum, there is Ecuadorean lawyer posting all the nasty details there.

I am assuming the college degree must be a master's or above? A Bachelor's wouldn't work?

kayana10 wrote:

I am assuming the college degree must be a master's or above? A Bachelor's wouldn't work?

The page is still down, but no, as far as I recall, a masters or above is not necessary.

I just assumed a master's and above because I keep seeing the word "professional degree."  I have a B.A. but planned on seeking permanent residency on my husband's retirement visa.

Supposedly there is a list of pre-approved universities and degrees, but that site has never worked in the month I've looked at it. You may need to try to get the list from the migration office in person.

Here is the topic on the spanish forum. The user there, marquesdevelez, appears to be an expert on this topic.

There is no specification as to whether the professional visa requires a bachelor or master's level. It only requires a "notarized copy of a professional degree". Here is the official link from the Ministry of Foreign Relations.http://cancilleria.gob.ec/visa-9-v-profesional/
Good luck!