Prescription Medications

I'm moving to Libya in a week. I have some specific prescription medications I take and need to bring some with me.

Questions are: 1.) will I have problems bring some with me in the original pharmacy containers and 2.) to get more locally will I require a local doctor's prescription or can these simple anitbiotics be bought over the counter as in most developing countries?

Padrino wrote:

I'm moving to Libya in a week. I have some specific prescription medications I take and need to bring some with me.

Questions are: 1.) will I have problems bring some with me in the original pharmacy containers and 2.) to get more locally will I require a local doctor's prescription or can these simple anitbiotics be bought over the counter as in most developing countries?

I am on medication and had the same issues, went to the local chemist (pharmacy for you yanks :) ) and they could supply it all very cheaply. The doctor for my company (NOC) seems to be able to get everything for free :cool:

Thanks Clansman for info on getting my antibiotics once I'm there.

Anyone have information on if I can bring some with me and what is the hassle in doing so?

Padrino wrote:

Thanks Clansman for info on getting my antibiotics once I'm there.

Anyone have information on if I can bring some with me and what is the hassle in doing so?

No hassle whatsoever mate, just make sure they are in the proper medication boxes with the labels on and you will be fine.