Giving birth at Kingdom hospital- cost?

Hi

I;m pregnant and have been going to Kingdom hospital for my prenatal care. (which I've been very happy with so far) I have BUPA health insurance which covers me for 15 000 SAR, maternity cover,  per year.What I would like to know, does anyone have any experience of giving birth at Kingdom hospital and what were your "out of pocket" expenses. My first child was born via C-Section and my doctor has told me that as it was planned that I may opt for either VBAC or C-section. The hospital business office told me that if my first child was born by C-Section that insurance should cover the second. The doctor also mentioned if I have a VBAC and choose an epidural as a form of pain relief that I would have to pay for it myself. Can anyone give me a ball park figure of what I should expect to pay myself?

Thanks

Hi don'tlikethecold,

I suggest you check this out Pregnancy in Riyadh which i hope, might be helpful :).

Thank you,

Regards

Maximilien

Hi

I know this is an old thread but did you find out this information in the end as I am in exactly the same position and looking for the same information.

Many Thanks

Serendipity xx

Hi, congrats on your bub to be. I gave birth last year at Kingdom hospital and it was a very positive experience. I ended up having an emergency c- section and BUPA covered most of it. I has pre- paid 2400 SR for an epidural ( I am a baby when it comes to pain) and they refunded half of that as it was medically necessary for the c- section. That was my only out of pocket expense. I stayed 3 days in hospital and was given excellent care. The only downside is that there is no lactation consultant on staff. Please feel free to message me if you need more info.

Good Luck :)

hi everyone... anybody have info , how much birth package at these hospital . cos my wife doesnt have insurance
- Suleiman Al-Habib
- Dallah Hospital
- Takhassusi Hospital