Photography equipment in Egypt

Hey Guys

Are there any photographers around here using DSLR cameras ?? I need to know the market for lenses in Cairo ..I have been photographer by hobby since long and looking for couple of lenses to upgrade my kit ...just want people input whether should I buy it from egypt or its too much expensive buying from here. 

Particularity I am looking for Canon 100mm F/2.8 Macro lens

I love photography and own a dslr and 100mm macro lens. The lens is awesome you wont regret buying it. I'm very new here so dont have any idea about the pricing.

I found a website regarding this. Search in google for " David Degner buying and selling cameras and photography equipments in Egypt". He listed some shops here and facebook groups for selling and buying.
I tried to include link before and got blocked in this forum.

:D hey Ash , Actually I bought 100mm Macro as well couple of days back ..t  ..and its really awesome for portrait as well enjoying macro shots these days . what else you got in inventory ..finally I find someone with similar interest

Oh great!

My camera is pretty old. Canon 400d. Lens sigma 28-300mm, canon 50mm f1.8, then kit lens (18-55) and 100mm macro. I'm more into food photography and 100mm macro is the lens I mostly use.

From where you brought 100mm?
Do you know from where I can buy foam board or thermocol sheets (to use as reflectors) and what it is called in Arabic?

Salam/Namaste/Satsriyakar

You are from India if im not wrong.   well 400D is pretty old but I believe its the photographer Eye that counts more camera comes later. I own 600D Canon doing pretty well job for now ..aim is to get 5d Mark III hopefully someday near soon :D

I own Following Lens

50mm f/1.8 for Portrait Photography and family stuff
75-300mm USM III use mostly for Wildlife photography
100mm f/2.8 USM Macro of-course use for Macro shots and Portrait reason being 100mm give good distance for distant shoot and 2.8 aperture give fair bok effect
Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 This lens I like the most as its my handly lens can do portraits as well as landscape being a budget wide angel lens
Last but not the least

18-55 :D Used extensively before I for Tamron 17-50

100mm macro I ordered from B&H photography from USA they mostly offer pretty good prices. Beware i do not buy any thing from Egypt unless you have no other options left. I bought one very low quality Tripod from Sharm as had to do some shoots and it was urgently required ..bought it for 400 LE ...how ever later i found it was not more then 150$ outside Egypt ..so beware! Here ins Egypt photography and having DSLR and lense is more kind of luxury and status symbol so mostly shop keepers consider you a cash cow and they will rip you off!

Do you maintain any page for your click ? do message me personal as I do not know they allow sending link here or not

About Reflector you can check there is a shop famous called kareem stores they deal in cameras but beware price will be high better check the market price first before you buy.

They do have a page on facebook ..

sorry for typos

we usually get thermocol in India in stationary stores. I dont think it will be available in Photograhy shops.

Hi, I bought a monopod  for dslr cameras by mistake, it's an Amazon product, I would like to sell it as I don't have a sdlr camera and I'm not interested in this monopod, would u be interested in buying it? If u r tell me to send u the link to check it out as I bought it from Amazon Germany, it's an Amazon product and would like to sell it for the same price as I'm not looking to get any profit out of it, many thx

Hi Ali,

Good day,

You can send me your e-mail so we can exchange our mobile numbers. I'm an amateur photographer as well but I'm using Nikon but I can definitely help you with your photography needs. All photography equipment and accessories in Egypt are similar in prices like abroad if you go to the right places.
send me yours and we can be in contact the soonest.

Have a great day.

Hazem Nabil

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : do not post personal contact details here for your own security