Japan expats / gatherings in Geneva

Hello,

I would like to meet Japanese expats / people interested in our culture in Geneva :-)

I have been in Europe since 5 years (France, UK, Switzerland) and been in Geneva since the end of 2010 with my husband who is from Geneva and speaks Japanese quite well.

I am wondering if we could have some Japanese gatherings, chatting in Japanese, English, French in a coffee/ dinnner?

If someone interested, please feel free to contact me !

Ayu

Hello Ayu-san,

I started my new life in Geneva in July 2013 and am enjoying my summer in this lovely city. I am from Japan and have been living overseas for 3 years.

Your idea sounds great - I have not met Japanese people in Geneva yet and was actually looking for a community (not a formal one). Sharing culture, languages and personal views from different backgrounds would be great.

As I am not sure how this expert blog works so I am writing this message in English in case you cannot read it. (I am a native Japanese speaker :) )

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,
M_Y

Hello
I am spanish/swiss expat, I'm kind of new in Geneva and I'm really interested in Japanese culture and language (I don't speak japanese but I would love to learn it)
It would be nice to talk to you one of these days so here is my email: [email protected]
sarah

Hi M_Y and Sara,

Sorry I was away from this topic since I had got no reply for quite a long time...

For the moment it seems that we are not so many yet, but why don't we meet up and have a coffee together if you guys are interested?

For people who are interested in Japanese culture, there is the Fete japonaise in Carouge on 6th of October 2013. It is the biggest Japanese event in Geneva ! Please google for more information :-)

Ayu

I'll look it up:)
I'm meeting   a few people from Portugal and Spain (2 or 3)   tomorrow we will have coffee/drink  and our meeting point is near the trains station Cornavin in front of  "les brasseurso if you are interested you're welcome join us:)
SAra(h)

Our meeting is at 4 pm.

Hello

Unfortunately Im too late for the japanese event in Geneva.
Im very interested in Japanese culture as well.

Su