How can i find a job for my girlfriend as a Physio in Bahamas?

Hello! I just got a job in Bahamas in a 5 year contract, My girlfriend is a physiotherapist! We wanted to get Married but if we get Married now she will not be aloud to get a job in Bahamas. And If she will not work probably she will drive me crazy! well i not shore but for 5 years knowing her i think she will!
So i was wondering how can i find a job for her as a Physio in Bahamas? I have looked all over the net and i didn't find much about it in Bahamas.

Thaks

Hello candinhoss.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Bahamas forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Candinhoss,

Okay working in The Bahamas is a tricky one, there are work permit requirements involved.  I would suggest you look in the bahamaslocal website, its an online directory for physiotherapists and contact them directly about their staffing needs and willingness to apply for a work permit for you girlfriend. Ofcourse have resume and cover letter ready. The process is, she gets a job offer from an office here who then applies to Immigration for a work permit for her.  The fees are quite high and it can take some time.  If she is a trained teacher or nurse it will be much easier as The Government is usually hiring in these areas.  Good luck.