I would like to live in Bali.

Hi Matt, you mentioned earlier something about a 4 bed villa. Are you intending to buy or lease and what area have you been looking at. If you had a villa would you be interested in renting a room and roughly how much for. Thanks, Vicki

Vicki, you wondered about the postal system a post or two back.

It is very good, vastly improved from the days long ago when the only way to guarantee getting something off island was either by container or DHL.

EMS is the best way to go for anything of value, and it's quite reasonable in cost and with a good internet tracking system.

thankyou, that's great, I have an online store and would have to have good postage. in the past I have only had problems sending to Russia, apparently postal sorters there are pretty corrupt, so that's good to know, cheers

hi matt, you mentioned a 4 bed villa you have found, are you thinking of renting a room, what sort of money would you be wanting, I would like to find something for around A$100 a week, otherwise its almost cheaper to stay in surfers, thanks, vicki

Hi Vicki I have nothing at the moment check out the Bali Advertiser or at Bali Deli they have a board outside
Depends if you are in Bali or QLD

thanks for that, its a really good insight to rentals. I am still in Surfers and wont be going til next year sometime. Im waiting for surgery on my hip and will need time to recover b4 I go travelling again.

Probably better to leave it till you go as most want up front payment and the cheap ones don't last

thanks yes, true

I am interested in living in Bali and purchase a villa.

Hi Graham,

I suggest you start here and be sure to follow the links to Dr. Bruce's various writings...all of which are essential information.

Any specific questions, post away with them.

Cheers, Roy

I have just read your reply
I would appreciate any advice you might have also
I want to live there as well

Opps, I forgot to add the link in my prior post.

Start here:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=292919

Hello please give me some insight information about living in bali considering opening up a gym please contact with me via skype address konstantinos pitt or cosmo1829

Read this string and order the free e-book available by following the link there and do your homework.

If you have specific questions, please post them.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=329252

Please communicate ASAP thank you

Hi, guys, first of all... sorry for my English. : ]

I'm a 34 years old from Brazil, I have a small (really small) company working with website development and graphic design, but I'm not happy doing it for so long...I'm getting craze trying to make it work.

In 2012 I did my dream trip to Indo (after 5 years with no holidays) and since then my heart and may soul still there.

I really need  change the course of my life..I want to work with healthcare, yôga all the things that truly believe...and I think that Bali is the right place.

I need try do things following my heart instead do it with my head...so I'm here hopping to find more people like me.

Tks for all of you who share in this topic!

Just a bit of friendly advice…before you take the big step of moving to Bali, turn your heart off, and your head on.

As a new member I have indentified a major improvement which this site can implement. After reading or skimming through old and new messages many are the same requesting info to make the move to Bali. My suggestion is for a new menu to give new folk the info they need based on the info you already have scattered over the 100''s of replies which are the same in nature. Then when someone wants to know folk can paste the link to the top 30  essential answers for moving to Bali. This can be updated by the team when new laws change regarding visas, etc.

-Andy- wrote:

My suggestion is for a new menu to give new folk the info they need based on the info you already have scattered over the 100''s of replies which are the same in nature. Then when someone wants to know folk can paste the link to the top 30  essential answers for moving to Bali.

Can you explain this in more detail?

Hi..i saw your comment on expatblog.com...i want to move to bali and work there...from everything i read on internet it looks impossible...maybe you can help me ? :)

I suggest you read this post: 

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=292919

Hello..so have you moved to bali yet ?

To whom are you directing that question?

Hi ubudian....i send you a message...please can you have a look ?

OK, I'll look at it now.

OK, I read it, and I'll respond here because it might also serve to help others, and I don't need to disclose any of your personal information in order to answer it.

A very heart felt message, and one that I am not unaccustomed to receiving.

Yes!  Marriage to him will make a difference in your ability to easily secure residency here, but residency without marrying a local is also easy enough.  Your decision about marriage should have little, if anything, about wanting to live in Bali, rather, that decision should be based on other factors.  (Sorry, I sound like a father there).  I'm sure you understand. 

Marriage to a local is also not enough to circumvent the department of labor requirement that jobs for foreigners should only go to foreigners when the local (Indonesian) available labor force is not sufficient to supply qualified candidates.  For example, teaching positions for native born English speakers (as well a some other disciplines) are often available in Bali, but most other jobs, unless you are highly skilled, trained, and uniquely best qualified, are simply not available here.

Most foreigners these days who are working (legally) on Bali are doing so with residency KITAS and work permits issued by the companies (businesses) that they set up. 

Now, if you are good at reading between the lines, I will also say that immigration authorities are not keen on penalizing, and certainly not deporting foreigners who are working illegally in Bali (and I can only guess, elsewhere in Indonesia) who are married to a local, most especially if the foreign spouse is female, and in particular, if the union of marriage has produced children.  That is of course no reason to break the law.   

And, another factor that will most certainly come into play is the status or notability of your husband to be.  Not unlike with other countries, here it's often a case of who you know, rather than, what you know.  Without getting into the fairness or morality of that, please suffice it for me to say, that's just the way it is here. 

So, if you can read between the lines then go from there.  If you really love this guy, and he means everything to you, then I say go for it, as the chances are in your favor that things will find a way of working out very favorably. Bali's karma favors those of good heart.   

My first few years of life here on Bali to my Balinese wife were hardly easy, but definitely well worth facing some of the unique challenges that I've never had to deal with before.  And, I'd do it all over again in a New York second, if I had to. 

For each person there is a different story and different personal experiences, but if love is driving you, then absolutely, never abdicate your love because of some bureaucracy.

Thank you. Its nice to see some possitive coment. I came back from bali yesterday. Unfortunately, i could stay only 2 weeks. We got engaged so its easy to understand how badly i want to move to bali. I will do everything for it...just everybody is saying that its impossible...but i will definitely try and do my best ..thank you :)

I am Australian. i have been recently divorced. I want to re start my life , work and be successful. Does Bali welcome imigrants, can i get a job and make a living, can foreigners own business' and be successful in Bali? How would I go about it?

Forget about the prospects of a legal job in Bali, but yes, if your plan is to start a business here, then that is totally different. 

You might well want to come on over for a long stay visit, a few months at least, and get your bearings.

Not to sound trite, or unsympathetic, it has been my experience that folks that move here "on the rebound" often don't find what they're looking for.  So avoid making an expensive mistake...try it out first.

It gets back to the old saying "try before you buy"

Hi
How are you? I am from Perth Australia. And like you Iambic curious about living in bali Indonesia, have you actually decided and move ?
Looking forward to hear from you
Marie 1964

Marie....you are talking to whom??

Better you start your own new thread so readers will spot easier and more input will come.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

stumpy wrote:

It gets back to the old saying "try before you buy"

That's the exact opposite of what my mother told me.

Did this thread get a visit from a hantu?  What happened to all the latest posts?

Ubudian wrote:

Did this thread get a visit from a hantu?  What happened to all the latest posts?

Maybe the hantu didn't want anyone coming to live i Bali...... :o

Stumpy... :lol:

Cheers, mate.

working is not easy in Bali...u need work kitas sponsered by a company that can;t hire an Indo..or open a PMA Company..there.s a lot of hoops...Pma..pays ..$1,200 US..Dollars a year,,just to have the company..and many other things..setting up is costly...and wages and profits aren.t big..maybe for a few.

I agree, it's not easy, but I respect the fact that Indonesia's laws are designed to protect jobs for Indonesians.  IMHO, this country has its priorities straight.

Hello

I noticed that this post as many others are outdated, anyway is there someone who is planning to move to Indonesia next October or November ?