Moving to Singapore?

Hi all, new to the Forum - hope everybody is well.
My husband has been offered a contract post in Singapore but before we move from Kent with 3 kids (11, 9 and 6 years old) I was wondering if anyone living there already could give me an idea of cost of living and school types.
My idea is to send him on his own for a couple of months and then perhaps follow suit if a viable option.
I would really love to go, I think is a too good opportunity to be missed but don't want to rush into it.
Any advise is greatly appreciated

Have a lovely day!

Hi,

There are already many discussions about cost of living in this forum and elsewhere on the Internet. Search and you will find!
Alternatively, numbeo.com gives a good (and accurate) idea.
In short: Singapore is not cheap. Rents are exorbitant. Everything else depends heavily on your expectations and activities - the more you can adapt to the local lifestyle, the cheaper it will be!

Sending three kids to international school will cost A LOT!
Make sure it will be borne by your husband's company as part of the secondment contract.
Then check which international school has the shortest waitlists - that (and not your preferences) will determine where your kids end up.
Then look for accommodation near that school.
There are also local schools (which are at least as good as the international ones, and cost very little), but newly arrived foreigners have the lowest priority to get a seat, which means you could only get one in the least popular and inconveniently located schools.

Hi Isabel, I think Singapore is good environtment for the kids as they have great education system but, living cost is quite high there thats place for 'big fishs' to live heheh. Your idea to send hubby on his own for that long is Not a good idea I think. Asian big cities always big temptation for men (if you understand what I mean). Go with him and good luck with your new place soon :-)