Soon to be living in Zambia Lusaka - Where to live ?

Hello All...

Please check out my profile to learn a little about "us"

I am wondering if anyone can give me advice on to what area is best to live in and the a place to locate a property.

We are a couple who have no children (For the time being) so it isn't important about being close to any schools. We have cats so somewhere that isn't too hectic with traffic and security is a crucial aspect for us.

We will be looking to rent a house if it is possible and have been looking around different estate agents but they all seem to be limited with properties.. So any suggestions would be welcomed from all, We would love to hear your points of view.

Thanks you.

Hello Mac&Rush,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

For your above inquiry, I suggest you to visit the Zambia forum and have a look or you can even participate in the different discussions, which may be useful to you.

For the housing, please visit the Housing in Zambia section, and you can even post an advert in there.

For the rest, members on the forum will surely voice out their opinions :)

Thank you,
Pravin.

zambia.co.zm/classifieds/,

Welcome to Zambia, I hope you will enjoy your stay. Like in most large African cities the your choice of accommodation will be determined by your budget and you will find that the range is very wide in Lusaka. At the high end form about $3,000 per month you will find service apartments like:
fallswayapartments.com/
themewsapartments.co.zm/
shakespearecourt.com
[email protected] (they don't have a website yet)
The Rocks Apartments [email protected]

There are estate agents, some of the site are not up to date and you will have to email to get the current property lists;
property36.net/
homenetzambia.com
sherwoodgreene.com/

If you are a little daring and can try the following classified sites most cases you will be dealing with owner and can avoid the steep brooker fees.
facebook.com/media/set/?set=o.249811586002&ref=mf
zambia.co.zm/classifieds/

Hope this helps

Good day. where is is the best and safest place to live in Zambia