Qatar Driving License to Oman Driving License ?

I wish to change my Qatar Driving License to Oman Driving License. Qatar DL has 4 more years validity. If I change it to Oman the validity might be for 10 years or 4 years ?? what are the procedures for changing the license ? what is the cost for changing ? Will I have any test ?? I am staying in Muwaleh and working in Mina al fahl.

I would suggest you can directly check with any ROP stations (probably qurum). To the best of my knowledge, only UAE migrants can not directly change the license and they have to undergo a driving test, while any other GCC migrants can change directly to Oman DLL. But they periodically change the rules. Hence it would be better to directly ask from the nearest ROP station.

The process of direct change will be as follows,
You need to take your sponsors endorsement letter, a set of photographs, your Omani Residense card in original to the ROP office at Qurum or Seeb.
You will be asked for the eye test and after that you will be issued a token, upon your number you will be served and Omani driving license will be given to you.
It doesn't take more than 10 minutes if there is no que. The fees is RO 20. They will return your QDL.

Regards,

mohdshaheen wrote:

I wish to change my Qatar Driving License to Oman Driving License. Qatar DL has 4 more years validity. If I change it to Oman the validity might be for 10 years or 4 years ??

Since its a newly issued Omani License, then its validity will be 10 years.

mohdshaheen wrote:

what are the procedures for changing the license ?

You have to fill up the application from which you can get it from the traffic directorate, get it signed off and stamped by your Employer and then submit it along with your Qatari License (Original) and your Resident ID Card (Copy + Original) and 2 Photos with Blue Background.

mohdshaheen wrote:

what is the cost for changing ?

If I remember correctly, you pay something like OMR20

mohdshaheen wrote:

Will I have any test ??

Only eye test ;)

Thaanx alooot Schaz and VidoDido for clarifying all my doubts regarding license transfer. Am very happy to know that there is no further tests and the license would be issued for 10 years. Inshahallah i will change soon the license..

The answers here were very helpful. Can you also give any infos on how to change a Saudi DL to Oman. Thanks brothers...

Hi bro ,

I am also having Saudi D/L, when i approached ROP they mentioned Saudi D/L can be only exchanged,only after they get the clearance from Saudi traffic dept.

Recently I joined in Oman andI have a valid saudi licence and I took it before 2 years.Yesterday I went to ROP ibri and they told me to go Muscat  for converting.Some of my friends told its not possible to convert.if anybody converted saudi to oman please share your exp.

Hi ,

I am also not able to convert my valid Saudi license , because ROP needs attestation/confirmation from Saudi traffic department to do so.

As per my experience from muscat office , they are converting Saudi license only after they verify from the Saudi traffic department.
So if you visit the Muscat office, they get the copy of your license and ask you to wait for confirmation.(it is uncertain, how much time it will take)

Or they say Saudi license has to attested in paper print out from Saudi Arabia-mofa. Please visit the Muscat office directly to get the full procedure.

Best of luck  bro.

Hi Prasad please tell us what happened to your Oman driving license...did you get it.
I'm planning to come there in Oman and i have a valid saudi drivers license also...

Anyone who already convert their Saudi DL to Oman DL..please share your experienced and what did you do to convert,...

Thanks

Hi I'm also waiting for conformation anybody convert valid Qatari DL to oman DL?
Thank you.

Hello...I have valid saudi license, If you have converted it to Oman license please write the procedure. I also went to traffic police office they said they need NOC from Saudi traffic police, as now I already left Saudi so how can I get NOC. They will never issue without my presence.

Please tell me if there is any other procedure.
Thanks! :|

ok guys.. this is what the traffic police chief in Duqm, Oman told me....
Important, everything will be done in Muscat...

1.  Your Saudi driver's license must be valid.. you need it to be attested by the Saudi embassy in Oman.. bring the original and copy of the license to the Saudi embassy, they will attest it. After they stamped the copy... i dont know the cost.

2. go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of OMAN.. they need to stamped the same copy... i dont know the cost.

3. go to the ROP for conversion.. of course, you will do your eye check, need pictures.. and OR 20.20

i will be in muscat on the first week of sept 2016 to do this, and i will update u guys.

1.  Your Saudi driver's license must be valid.. you need it to be attested by the Saudi embassy in Oman.. bring the original and copy of the license to the Saudi embassy, they will attest it. After they stamped the copy... i dont know the cost.

2. go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of OMAN.. they need to stamped the same copy... i dont know the cost.

3. go to the ROP for conversion.. of course, you will do your eye check, need pictures.. and OR 20.20

i will be in muscat on the first week of sept 2016 to do this, and i will update u guys.

Thanks for the information.

I want  to know if Only copy of driving license is valid as I have submitted my original Saudi driving license to my employer at the end of the contract.Please advise

Thanks and regards
Shekhar

delmorales wrote:

I want  to know if Only copy of driving license is valid as I have submitted my original Saudi driving license to my employer at the end of the contract.Please advise

Thanks and regards
Shekhar

I recently arrived in Oman. I have an expired Qatar DL., is there any relaxation in obtaining Omani DL with this Qatar DL  . how much is the total fees for obtaining a Oman DL

Regards
Biju

Hello biju
Did ur expired Qatar DL got converted to oman DL.me too in same situation. ..awaiting your reply.

When i checked with ROP, they told i can directly go for rod test. no need of attend learning courses. Registration OR.5, test fees 5, car rent for test OR. 15. if you want a trail drive in driving school car it is OR. 7per hr. If we fail in test we have to pay again for each test, test fee OR 5 and Car rent OR. 15. Finally  OR. 20 for DL after passing the test.

Thanks.
Biju M Malayil

Dear Team,

My Qatari license expired in October of 2021. I am currently employed as an engineer in Muscat, Oman, and I have a valid Oman ID. Two days ago, I went to the Muscat ROP to convert my Qatari license to an Oman license. However, they informed me that an expired license cannot be converted. Therefore, I would like to know if I can renew my license if I travel to Qatar with my Oman ID.

If my Qatari license is renewed, I can quickly change it to an Oman license. advise me, pls.

Thanks,

Ashwin.

Hi Ashwin,

In Oman, I was able to convert my Saudi Light Vehicle License to Oman without a driving test. Back in Saudi Arabia, the authorities rejected to convert my expired UAE License. Hence, I had to go through the test process.

Usually, the driving license is renewed only for Work Permit holders. In your case, you would need to check with the Qatari authorities, if the Qatari license could be renewed.

Best wishes,

GAIN GREATLY

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : External link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct