Convince my wife!!

im retired, would like to move to panama, but my Filipina wife doesn't think she would like it there. Are there any expats from the rph that have any ideas on how to make it sound more appealing for her. She would like to move back to the rph, but im not happy about that either. Help!

Hi knothead46,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Thank you,

David.

Has she been here? I don't think anyone can make such a decision without spending some time here, so you'd better bring her for a visit. If she doesn't like it but you convince her to live here anyway, it sounds like a hard life for you. You know what they say... If mom isn't happy, no one is happy.

Kris

knothead46 wrote:

im retired, would like to move to panama, but my Filipina wife doesn't think she would like it there. Are there any expats from the rph that have any ideas on how to make it sound more appealing for her. She would like to move back to the rph, but im not happy about that either. Help!

she wont consider going there, she will need to hear from some Filipinas that are there that  its something she would enjoy before she will believe its worth a trip. I could talk till im blue in the face, but if someone from her background tells her about it, she will consider it.. Or at least that's my hope..

knorhead46

Try a Google search for Filipinos in Panama or Filipino community Panama and see what comes up.
In all my 40+ years of travelling and working in different countries I have yet to go to a country that does not have Filipinos working there.

your right, they seem to get everywhere, which is why I thought I might get lucky. But Ill try your idea. I made a half hearted try that direction once, but didnt work very hard at it. I was just hopeing there might be another American married to a filipana who would spot my post. thanx Bob