Requiremnets for visa entry to Libya

While in Egypt I was told i needed a health certificate and a police clearance for first steps of processing my visa, now i have flew to Tunisia and there they are also requiring a health care clearance. This is fine, but can anyone tell me if there are more steps I have been put through hell during this and need answers quick. 
i know first health clearance is a must, now what i am finished just wait the 3 days????

can u tell me what steps u had to go through including papers and time frames....

Thank u

Health Certificate is a must, there are 2 types of visas in Libya, either visit visa or business visa, you will need a letter of invitation in hand and RF number to check with the embassy you deal with, Normally it takes 2 weeks to 1 month to get the visa on passport, if you need further info.

Regards

Hani

This is a good topic...Hani

Hi,
Am going through these issues a little myself at the mo, but not quite in the same order as yourself.
I am British, so don't know if the process is different and was in UK when applying for visa. My visa was a work visa - I am an English Language teacher.
Firstly we had to email a copy of our passport to our Libyan Employer. We then had to wait until the Libyan part of the process was completed. We had around a two week wait until we got our visa reference numbers. We then went down to London to the Libyan consulate and gave in our completed application form, passports and visa fee. Basically in London, you put the application in one day and collect it two days later. We collected a week later as we were doing it all over New Year and of course the consulate wasn't open Friday. We picked up the passports on the Monday and flew Tuesday morning.
We've been here for around 6 weeks now and am now trying to get my head around the residency permit process. You can see my post later on in this section for where I'm up to.

Pete

Hello Pete,

Please note that this topic is a bit old.
However, thank you for this sharing of information !  :top:

Priscilla
Expat.com team