Working for Saudi Company

Hello All:

I am a US citizen and am considering an offer to work for AECL (Advanced Electronic Company) based in Riyadh. All indications are that this is a very good company to work for. Would appreciate any feedback from the forum on any insight around this company or what they have heard about this company.

Thank you in advance

Heard of this company name but can't recall exactly.

I suggest looking for people working for them on LunkedIn.

Oh yes. Recalled now. They used to be on the 4th floor of the building I used to work in for my ex-company.

Excellent company with many westerners. And it's highly professional as well. No second thoughts.

Thank you very much for your input. Im glad to hear of the company's reputation...it validates what Ive read with my research (i.e. Linkedin, internet etc..)

One follow-up question please....I will be coming in at a senior level (i.e. Senior PMO), do companies typically hold the passports or will I be able to hold on to it? If they hold it, how easy is it to obtain it back? The reason i ask is at the onset, I will probably plan to a number of weekend trips as I will not have my family with me for at least 4-5 months and need to stay occupied :-). Thank you again for your valuable insights.

Keeping passports is more of a general practice rather than part of any laws. The pro companies like yours don't trouble employees esp seniors for this.

You'll a need multiple exit re-entry visa if you have plans to travel a lot in any 6 months window. Holders of such re-entry visas keep their passports with them usually.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Oh yes. Recalled now. They used to be on the 4th floor of the building I used to work in for my ex-company.

Excellent company with many westerners. And it's highly professional as well. No second thoughts.

Current offices of AEC are located en route to airport in Riyadh. Its a good organization with its own problems and successes.

HRGuru wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Current offices of AEC are located en route to airport in Riyadh. Its a good organization with its own problems and successes.

Yes, their head office is in King Khalid Airport and Riyadh office is where I have mentioned above. I believe PMO is in Riyadh Office.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
HRGuru wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:

Yes, their head office is in King Khalid Airport and Riyadh office is where I have mentioned above. I believe PMO is in Riyadh Office.

:one

Hi friend,

How was the company? What do u think of it now one of my friend asked to search for him as  he was in IT stream works for PSCD as a consultant now.please let we know whether we are smelling a rat..or vice versa?

Hi, did you get to join them? how was the experience? I am getting an offer from them also. Where is their housing located as it was told to me that housing and transportation will be covered. Do they offer kids tution as well? I have 3 girls, one is 3rd grade and the other two will be starting KG this fall. Any good schools close to their housing? Thanks in advance.

@ adnanraza > As you can see, the OP has created this topic in 2013 and you might not receive a response.

I will therefore advise you to create a new topic with your questions on the Riyadh forum, the active members will be able to advise and help you.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: