Xerox HIRING!!! BILINGUAL Customer Service Representatives

RELOCATING TO SANTO DOMINGO??

GET A JOB TODAY!! BILINGUAL Customer Care Representative

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME JOB? We are looking for you!
Come be a part of a $22 billion leader in technology and innovation. Currently, we are seeking individuals who want to provide superior customer service to our client in the gaming industry. We provide a full paid training program, health/dental benefits and many career growth opportunities.

Do you meet the following minimum requirements:
Position Details:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Speak, write, and read ENGLISH
- Are you able to pass a drug and Background screening?
- Have Customer service skills?
- Are you able to find your way around a computer?
Pay: $110.00 pesos/hour plus performance bonuses
Xerox Services offers a competitive hourly rate PLUS "Pay for Performance" bonus opportunities---we give you control over your total compensation.

Hello,

could you please post in the JOBS section ?

Thanks

And this is a good chance to discuss jobs here in the DR.  So  this posting is a job in a call center.  They may or may not require you to have a cedula (proof you are legal to work)  and they pay 110RD per hour,  normally for a 40 or 44 hour week.  If you do the math that is about 20,000RD a month or about US $500 a month.

Lets hope this poster (welcome by the way)  explains their commission and bonus structure!!!  Often there is a bonus for coming to work every day,  a bonus for being on time every day and commission based on client retention,  upsales or new sales.

Can we have some additional info please?  Where is this located? Do you provided transportation?

Thanks for asking the poster for additional info planner, the job sounds interesting, but it definitely needs to provide more info, like s the job open to foreigners as well as Dominicans, I hope they update their post, please keep me posted if you see any additional info on this post elsewhere. Thanks ;)

Could  you post more info about your listing please? Is this job only for Dominicans or are you looking to hire Americans as well? And if so what are the reqirements for American workers? What relocation orientation do you offer? Thanks.

I see that the going rate  for most customer service jobs is around 500.00 US a month, Does anyone by chance know what the average, safe and clean apartment goes for in the Santo Domingo Area?

MrKM  I answered you in the other thread.  As to the other questions -  any foreigner with a cedula would likely be considered.  All companies are covered by the labor code that says 80% of positions need to be filled by Dominicans.  As to relocation  orientation - not likely at all.  But those of us on this forum can help  you!!!

Thanks planner, so in other words, there is no chance ofvan American company accepting Americans working for them under a work visa contract like we do here in the U.S? Is the only way as an American with a Cedula? Or are there any exceptions that you know of? Thanks. Just Curious.

Some call centers will hire anyone who can speak English and work a computer.  They don't seem to care about possible repercussions and the odd one actually has an exception granted by the ministry of labor to hire more expats.  But you need to get a cedula at some point. Often they will hire you as long as you show you are in process of getting your cedula / residencia.

Messagewhiz - there are some American companies who bring staff here on a contract, but they are usually management, trainers or have special skills so are needed here.  Sometimes that will apply to a call center!  Just not as often.

Hello,

Interested in a position with the company. I am fluent in English and able to learn job requirements verbatim. (moderated: for your own security, do not share your personal information here pls)

Thank you,
Louis Martinez

Speaker NEVER put your personal information on a public board.  And do note that this post is over a year old.

Bob K

Fyi they are always hiring.  But you must have applied for residencia.

Opening a business or working in Dominica has positives and lots of negatives. I found in this blog and talking with people in general that many like to move there to enjoy the sunshine and the white sand that is excellent, if you have MONEY and you like to retire there and semi retire. But many like to move there to start a BUSSINES/ work  I found this questionable  decision in my opinion for the following reasons;
1: You will be in a third world country with very low wages and also very low return on your investment, unless you are able to start a business with a large capital at least 4-5 million dollar minimum and you able to "break" in in the tourist business ,hotels etc. where you will charge a premium/western prices from tourist and pay Dominican wages, then the return on your money can be very reasonable.
2; But going in the tourist business at that level maybe very, very difficult ,because the other players may just not step aside just because a "GRINGO" arrived and the competition,   for premium tourist dollar is very fierce at every level. If you like to start a business, related to the tourist business,(tour company, taxi etc.) you will find an almost impossible "wall" to clime because the local Dominicans will not step aside and also there is well establish silent "rules" in this businessman if you do not have connection, I guarantee 100% that one will not be able to be successful. Just to give you an example some Dominican friend In April pick me up from a major hotel as we living the gate 2 taxi pulled in front across the drivers got out almost physical fight started between the 3 Dominican individual and at the and they did not let my Dominican friend to leave until I got out from the car and I had to take the taxi, the argument was that is that is their territory and business ultimately their money.
3; Sure you can open a small restaurant, bar and struggle, financially.
4;The infrastructure/roads etc. are not developed at all constant electricity black outs etc.
5;  In Winter the temperature is Reasonable however summer is very hot and if you are not in a bathing suit beside the pool and have an air conditioned room then can be very uncomfortable environment  especially if you to work/supervise in a restaurant as an owner etc.
6; The workmanship and work quality of trades people many times very sub standard  and many times things must be re done very shortly after the job was completed
7; If you work In Dominica the wages 3-4 hundred dollar /month or even lower.
8; I f you like to start other type of business not related to tourism, construction ,plumbing, electrician or other white collar business good luck you have a "big wall to clime" and competing against local established businesses with a reputation and name in local community will be serious challenge for sure.
9; Anybody like working/or supervising people in 38-45 C heat summertime. ?                                             10; People tell you yes ,yes no problem  but many tings just are promised and everything  is done slow in a very inefficient slow phase, even in major hotel.  I requested a room with 2 beds, I was a guest  their 7 times already I know personally the guest manager he received each time gifts etc. from me. Before arrival 3 weeks before spoke with him on the phone Yes, Yes, Bill  NO Problem and when I arrived nobody knew about my request, rooms where not ready and I had to wait 1.5 hour in the heat in June after 15 hour  overnight flight , when the hotel had only 45% occupancy rate until the room finally was ready. Next day I received lot of apology from the quest manager sorry, sorry etc. So there is an example of yes ,yes, yes. no problem statement and work ethic. So since then the yes promise agreement, verbal or written does not mean anything I am interested in "evidence" just like in a court room talk and smile in Dominica is very nice but does not mean anything and has no value if you are trying to run a business or achieve anything, we all should remember  this at all times. In conclusion Dominica is a very good place for vacation and retirement or semi retirement if you have MONEY but working there or having a business can be very hard 95% times, but certainly 5% did well, anybody can try but as someone wrote in one of the blogs "Arrive with 2 million in order to be able to leave with one million"   I wrote this as a general reply and this reply is not tailored to answer any questions for a specific blog, This is an expression of my opinion based on my expertise in business and experience  in Dominica while I visited the country. Personally I will return to Dominica had very good times, I like the music the culture the food, people hospitality etc. But I am planning to be a tourist or semi retired only and I leave the business/work opportunity  in Dominica for others. Bill

Responsible and completely reliable student looking to expand my knowledge in the professional world. Bilingual.

Nbisono welcome.

Why not tell is a bit about yourself in the introduction thread
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495019

Bob K

Mucho gracias......  I appreciate you sharing your explicit experience and point of view.

My understanding is that Xerox is required to hire at least 80% Dominicans, however, the first question asked when I inquired here in Santiago was if I had their residency card; and, if not, forget it.  It seems an American working in an American company here would be more valuable than $2+/ hour; but, it seems you should be able to hire someone as an American working here for Xerox. I live in a very nice neighborhood, and a neighbor friend works for the new Xerox office here, and everything is done in english.  Many folks, potential employees, know some english, but most do not. I have considerable computer skills, and management experience.  Let me know if you folks are interested.  My wife's family have large homes in Santiago and Santo Domingo and in the Punta Cana area near Higuey. I am retired radiologist that owned and operated several clinics, and set up in-house billing and networking myself.  Best, Seth

The labor code is very strict. No cedula then you cannot work.  AND yes they MUST hire  80% locals and that must meet 80% of their payroll commitments (exception for managers, owners and technical assistance)

As an American you are a foreigner required to  ask permission to live and work here just like ALL foreigners.

Howdy!  This is where I read the 80% Dominican employee rule for Xerox last night.  I was ready to go with my neighbor friend today and talk with management, but he was told I have to have the residency card.  I mentioned this blog I read last night to him, and talk with them again about this possibility.  It appears they have instruction to hire only Dominicans?   I believe I could be of great use to your english operated office here in Santiago if interested.  My wife is Dominican.   I really like it here.  I will stay if I can find some decent work that will make some use of my skills and experience.  Best, Seth

Posting here with whom one must contact to get this ‘permission' you require would be greatly appreciated.  I was considering opening an imagining center, and know one must first have a ministry certificate to commence operations. This is the opposite in the USA, where one must have a center up and running to be given a date for inspection for certification and applying for provider numbers.  Then I must get a ministry certificate to do the interpretations of the diagnostic exams, which is required for referring physicians to send patients.  Best, Seth

Ok the law is  decades old. this thread is  2 years old.   YOU MUST HAVE RESIDENCIA TO WORK HERE>

Where does one start to get resident status?   I've been here off and on for several years now.  I assume one requires a certain amount of time here, yes? But where does one submit the paperwork to gain residency status?

Seth as I said on  your other post read all the information on residency and visa here.

The process now must start in the USA for you at a Dominican consulate or embassy. Then paperwork here.  It is a long process but you can start working legally when your papers are filed and accepted.  The process can also be expensive.

Bob K

But you said your wife is Dominican so your process starts the same and quickly moves to citizenship.

But it still needs to start back in the US

Bob K

Exactly CORRECT!

Bob & Planner, we've been down this road.
I am married to a Dominican Lady!
I DID NOT have to start the paperwork in Canada.
I did it ALL from here.
It'a all been OK'd from S.D. & I'm
waiting for my green card.

Honey the rules changed since you did this. Now EVERYTHING starts at home not here.

Not according to the info I got from President Medina's office.

But, who knows, maybe they lied.

Wait a politician in the DR lies????????????  Some one get me smelling salts :D:D:D:D:D

Bob K

Bobby, I said I got the info from the office, NOT Danilo.
But, maybe bureaucrats lie as well?
Tom.

They just dont know squat. The process changed, checked the immigration website honey. You cannot go straight to citizenship you must get residencia for family reunion first.