Reputable car dealer

Can anyone tell me the name of a reputable car dealer in or near Panama City, David or Boquete? My wife and I are currently in Boquete but are returning to the States for a week in July and we want to purchase a good used car when we return in mid July.

You should contact Keith Woolford, Phone 507 6513-9217, email keithwoolford @ gmail.com (remove the spaces.)
He is in Boquete and is known as the "Car Guy." Yes, he charges a fee, but will save you that fee many times over in that he knows cars, he knows the cars in Panama and will bargain for you, which will save you more than his fee. I hired him and so far he has stopped me from buying 4 cars that would have been a problem down the line. He comes highly recommended, not just by me. Email him and tell him what type of car you are looking for and what your budget is and he will start looking for you.

Rick,
Ck your inbox-I sent you a contact in Boquete.
Jon

Yes, In Chitre there is a small lot across from the Ford dealership.
His name is Sr. Sarasty ( he has a small office in the service station next to the Dealership)
6132-5950
He only speaks Spanish but we have bought two cars from him and he is very honest.
It just depends what he has but if you tell him what you are looking for he will try and find it.
Hope this helps.

My husband and I are planning to move early 2014 and we are currently having a "discussion". I want to keep my jeep and drive down with the dogs. He doesn't want to drive and says that he saw on a blog that we will not be able to get parts to a car purchased in the US. Sounds like "husband excuse" - sorry men. Does anyone have an idea about the car parts issue?

Thanks.

Lots of Jeeps here!!!

And how do you plan to drive down, through Mexico and then Central America. Do you plan on getting all the permits for the dogs for every country that you are going to pass through. They all have different requirements for animal importation. Plus, yes there are lots of jeeps in Panama, but that still doesn't address the parts issue for American cars.
Also, have you seen the latest report on the most dangerous cities in the World, the majority of the top 10 are in Mexico!
Happy Driving!

Also, it's not a matter of just driving through the border. I'm fairly certain that there are registration stamps required at each border. At least there was when we crossed from Belize into Guatamala. So you will want to be fluent in Spanish for those border crossings.

Then there is the matter of the import tax which is no small fee unless you have your pensionada visa. 

No way would I even entertain the idea.

Thanks Tamara,
  I will look him up before I return to the States next week.
  Rick