Want to meet new people

Hey everyone, first of all i'm new to this forum and secondly i'm new to Bahrain as well.

It's been almost 3 months and the only people I get to interact with are my office colleagues... I want to get to know more people, friendly people, people who are not a part of my office...

hope to get a good response thanks everyone!

Hello Selangkev,

I hope you make lots of contacts and friends on the website ;)

Regards,
Pravin.

Hey Pravin, thanks man!!!:top:

Hi Selangkev,

You are looking for friends, well as we say in France "you won't catch flies with vinegar" ! So try to do a little marketing job over yourself and introduce on the forum who you are, what you like, what are your extra-professionnal activities. That will help the potential friends to go towards you if you share hobbies or center of interest.

I'm 100% with an attractive advertising you will get a lot of contacts :D

Cheers

Olivier

I'm 100% with an attractive advertising you will get a lot of contacts :D

Hi Selangkev,, Just dont go putting your skype name, email id and phone number here, its not something i would recommend. ;)

Hey thanks for the advice Oliver and Jazzy.
Oliver lol I don't know how to market myself :p probably all I can say is i'm new to bahrain well not that new anymore and i'm always up for new things can't think of anything else :p

OMG ! You don't like anything ? Don't have any hobbies or at least interests ? No way !!

I didn't say to build false advertising, but advertise who you are so people enjoying the same thing as you do will feel like making a step towards you :D

No worries... It won't hurt ^^

Cheers

Olivier

Hobbies & interests hmmm lets see bowling, 8 ball, travelling, music, movies, water sports, outings, dance but don't know how to haha, french language (want to learn!!!)

can't think of anything else but if I do i'd be sure to add

:top::top::top::top::top:

Why don't you organise a meeting like this one Meeting

That's actually not a bad idea

I know lol. I've done a few and made lots of friends.

So I'll have to get a membership first lol

You don't have to do it there. It was just an example

Yea I get your point but I think I should get membership in some club too for tennis and all

Welcome to Bahrain and to the forum selangkev. I am sure you will meet a lot of people who share your interests.

Unfortunately, I am in my last few weeks in Bahrain :( And I discovered the forum only a few weeks back. So I could not meet too many people in person, though I have interacted with a few online.

I hope to use the forum to meet friends in the next country I am planning to land and work :)

I will be happy to meet up and make your acquaintance nonetheless. Lets plan.

Joining a club is certainly the best way forward. All depends on where you live as to which one though.

I'm gonna be moving to Busaiteen by tomorrow are there any good community clubs/centers around there?

I know Busaiteen has a local football club. Members are mainly local youth from the area. Their ground is good and well maintained. Not sure how expats can join, but I can check if you like. If you wish to participate in sports and socialize with expats, I would recommend the Bahrain Rugby Football Club. They have regular touch rugby sessions and if you are upto it you can also participate in contact rugby.

Sports Club

That's the only one I can find

Personally I find the Rugby Club a bit lairy (lots of drunks, swearing etc etc) I much prefer the Dilmun Club, they have squash courts, tennis courts, diving club and football. Once a member there you can go to the Rugby Club for 1BD fee.

Josnuggles wrote:

Personally I find the Rugby Club a bit lairy (lots of drunks, swearing etc etc)

This is true ... part of the fun I suppose :)

Josnuggles wrote:

... Once a member there you can go to the Rugby Club for 1BD fee.

Worthwhile looking at the Dilmun Club if there is a reciprocal arrangement with the BRFC.

Best wishes!

PS: I really regret not coming across this forum earlier. :(

The reciprocal agreement is between:

Dilmun Club

Yacht Club

Bahrain RFC

British Club

Once a member in any of those clubs you can enter the others for a BD1 entrance fee

All this is very imformative thanks guys atleast i've got some idea of the good sports clubs around.

I live in Busaiteen  , I think you will be living near the new hospital area is good area but not much to do really .

Like oliver said just tell us more about yourself and we will try to help

Bingo I'm living near this huge hospital/university and I just want some activity as an excuse to meet new people either be it an outing or a few drinks or any kind of sports

where are you in busaiteen egarti?

I live near french school

If ever you want me to sign you in the the Dilmun Club I am happy to do so, just PM me to arrange

hey josnuggles, thanks for the offer :D

Hi there, sorry for jumping in here. I just want to share that i knew a lot of people who live in and around Busaiteen, unfortunately, there is nothing much to do as entertainment.  You need to come towards Adliya, Juffair etc.

Yes I kind of had that idea Asifa, but the area is good I had considered all these things when I was looking for a new apartment and besides juffair and adliya are just a bridge away so shouldn't be an issue going to adliya I think or at least I am hoping for that

Hi Kevin,

First of all, a very warm welcome to Bahrain and the Expat-blog forum.

I can totally understand what you're going through with your lack of social interactions. I would have been in a similar situation if it hadn't been for this blog and the lovely people I met through it.

If you see some old posts on the forum, Josnuggles arranged two Expat.com meetings a few months back. That was where I met all of my friends. Brightonguy has recently posted on the forum regarding the Third Expat Meeting. I would suggest that you join us there. I am hopeful that it will be helpful. :)

Hey haseebahm, yea i just read that and hopefully I'll show up there too :top:

Excellent! Just post him a reply, he'll need a confirmation for the booking.

See you there ;)

damn!!! i can't find that post now :/

Here you go...

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 28#1336205

thanks!

hi selengev,
I live in busaiteen too ryt next to the hospital. As far as i know there is not much happening around in Bussaiteen. Where do u stay in Bussaiteen

hello everyone,
Am new to this blog, I would like to have some new friends.
How u all are doing

Hello coolbini
Welcome to the Bahrain Forum.
I am sure you will find a number of good contacts here. Maybe you could start off by giving a brief introduction too.
Best wishes for a happy and successful life in Bahrain.