Wholesale Food Clubs in England

Hi all!

I wonder if there are any grocery stores where you can buy food in bulk, such as Costco, in England? I have found Makro, but is it not open to the general public.

Thanks!
JT

Yes, Costco does exist in England. Not sure where you are located, but there is one at Thurrock (Kent) and one in Walthamstow or Chigford (London). The good news is you can use your USA Costco card for entry and purchase. Bad news is that if you don't already have a card, there are requirements for what professions can join (not sure of what these are...).

There is also a club called Bookers, but I am not familiar with the store or its policies. Good luck!

This is a very minor thing, not really related to your excellent suggestion... but I see some discussion regarding chilly powder and quality downthread so I'll park this here[link moderated] The chili powder in your grocery store is a spice mix for making chili (the one with tomatoes/meat etc.) and consists of red pepper, cumin, paprika, garlic etc.

The red chilly powder in Indian stores is literally powder made from dried red Indian chillies aka chilly peppers. It's a single ingredient - not counting adulteration of course. If you substitute grocery-chili powder with Indian-chilly powder , you will get a flat, hot chili stew.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The thread you're responding to is almost 10 years old and the guy who posted it hasn't logged on the Forum for over 8 years, so I suspect you won't get an answer.

Perhaps start a new thread?

Cynic
Expat Team