Granada compound management 'Western' or not?

I am moving to Granada compound in a week. I have heard mixed feedback regarding whether is is being run as a 'Western' compound or not. I also heard that it is changing management right now. More to the point....is it 'Abaya Free'? My wife was looking forward to have the compound be an Oasis from the restrictions she will be dealing with outside of the compound. If others will be wearing their Abaya to the pool then it will make for an uncomfortable encounter.
Any feedback?

hello,

I guess its too late to answer your question now.. I rented an apartment very close to Granada compound and was wondering if you can tell me more about the compound. Do you recommend it for expats? whats the atmosphere like? weekends? population nationalities? I saw a picture of a wave pool in the compound... is it a well maintained compound?

regards,
O.B.

its a good compound. we came here last yr sept.they have wave pool , gym, bowling ,yoga room ,sauna ,squash,small shop, school and shopping buses etc.
most of the units are empty. prices are similar to eid villas.

i hope u will like your stay in granada. peole are few. most of the houses are empty. we live there. any querry pm me.

hi manral.deepica, what's the best way to obtain a price list for granada?

u can vist the managment people take a tour. its around 180000 for 2bhk to 23.5 for 3bhk duplex houses.

thanks for a quick response.

Thanks Manral.deepica, you have been wonderfully helpful :)

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory ]

Hello, I will be moving end of this year, was considering Granada compound, want to know how is this compound? And which nationalities live there?

its a nice compound with all good facilities like indoor outdoor swimmingpool,gym,squash,theater,bakala,saloon and shopping buses. management is good services are prompt. a new preschool os opening from this sept.... growing minds.
people are from all nationality.

To be honest, I wouldn't advise anyone moving into Granada Compound if you are looking enjoy a community-ish feeling because the place is empty. There are barely a few families living there, the management is pretty shitty as well.

If you do the rent vs environment comparison, It's not even close to being considered a good compound.

Yes, the facilities are pretty good. The compound layout it self is pretty nice but it's all pointless when it's all spooky and empty!

Few years ago, ( about 2-3) it used to be one of the most happening compounds of Riyadh but ever since there was a shake up in the managment, it's all gone down the drain!

Thanks for the information, do you know about Arabian homes?

It is a good compound in terms of the crowd and community but I don't like the facilities there or the layout of the compound it self.

Plus there is a huge waiting list so unless you are willing to shell out a bribe, forget about getting a house there.

I did talk to the Arabian homes the 2 bedroom, he says is available, I was also looking for Riyadh Village, any feedback on that?

Take if it's available, I like the community there and it's a respectable compound to be honest.

Some of the compounds have a bad rating due to the immoral activities that happen within them. I was told last night that about 40 families are moving into Garanada Compound for the upcoming Riyadh Metro Project, all foreigners so hopefully the place will come back to life and I am sorry , I don't have any info on Riyadh Village.

Granada compound , true...it's like a ghost town since most of the villas are empty. I have too heard of new residents coming from this sept. And I can see everyday they are renovating villas .But we have been hearing thing from past so many weeks. The villas are spacious, clean and  have new furniture . But in terms of social life....it's completely absent .
Can anyone suggest any compound near Granada village. I know about eid compound but right now they don't have any  villas available

There is a compound called Al -Hamra compound and it's one of the best compounds to be in to be honest. On a slightly higher side of price spectrum but it's completely worth it.

Great community, great houses, perfect services and facility but I am guessing availability will be an issue on that as well. Try your luck and see if something works out in your favor.!

Our first choice was Al hamra.  But the waiting list is long. Same is that the case with eid and cordoba.
Any other compound ??? Our contract in granada is till Oct.

Well I am not too fan of the compounds to be honest so not much information about if anything is around. I mean I grew up in KSA and it's pretty much like a home to me so instead of paying 200,000 SAR plus / year for a tiny house, I went out and bought a giant villa with a personal garage, swimming pool and back-yard for 1.2 Mil SAR. That's the same amount of money I would be spending in 5 years living in a compound.

Plus there are alot of compounds in Riyadh but you need keep in mind that some of them may be very far away from your workplace or even city center. So I can help you based on your requirement around the location as well.

Hi, actually I contacted lot of compound in my budget there are 3 compounds who answered- Granada, Riyadh village and Arabian Homes. My son would be going to American school. My budget is around 180,000. I am Indian by origin but has been living in Finland for 15 years so want a mix kind of compound with European standards

In that case I would recommend Garanada Compound. It's really close to the American School plus given that the new families are moving in, it's going to be crowded and lively again.

PLus the other compounds have a very strict hidden policy on only allowing westerners so I don't think you will be getting in there anyhow. They are very very strict on these stupid racial policies.

Let me know if you need any more help with regards to Granada Compound!

Thanks, what do you mean by racial policies?

Most of the compounds here don't allow asians ( Even people with asian orgins ) to be living in the compounds. They are strictly just westerns, They won't even put you on a waiting list either.

Some of the compounds here, infact most of them don't allow even Saudi's to come in or in general a few arab nationals. But these aren't stated policies but hidden ones that are in place.

Oh what kind of nationalities are in Granada compound? Are there some Asians living there?

Well Granada compound is a mix. There are a few asians living there as well, a couple of European families as well and now some are starting to come in pretty soon from Europe as well.

Granada does have the best facilities around with the wave-pool and stuff.  I think it's your best bet!

Hi, is there any Indians living in Granada?

Can anybody tell me about the nationalitoes living in Granada compound? And how is this Riyadh Village, does it have good facilities?

That has already been answered, read through the posts

there are couple of indians ,inclyding me. people here are from all nationalities...jordan sudan egypt korean......no idea about riyadh village

Hi,

It has been a while since anyone updated this post and I am wondering if anyone can provide some current feedback about Granada. The atmosphere, nationalities, management...etc.
We are looking into a few compound in Riyadh and Granada seems to be lacking a bit on the reviews. Hoping someone would be able to help provide some current feed back.

Would not promote Granada but would highly recommend Arizona or California Resorts.