Network Engineer Jobs in Hamilton

Hi everyone,

I have plan for moving to New Zealand after finish all if my homework next year.
My wife want get post graduate in Hamilton.
However, I have search about jobs opportunity for Cisco Guy like me as permanent position and found that in Hamilton not to much position for me.
Currently I hold Bachelor degree and some cisco certifications like CCNP, CCVP and CCIE. Also, I have some experience on Avaya and Nortel.
Whether someone could share about jobs opportunity in Hamilton for my background?
I need permanent jobs becauswe I want apply for PR, so I can live and work in New Zealand. And I hear that we need permanent position to get point.

Thanks in Advance
SWD

Have you checked out the NZ govt immigration website to see what sort of visa you qualify for?? 

The visa is worked on a points system so with your qualifications you may be okay. 

There is next to no work in Hamilton.

Hi stumpy,

Thanks for replying

I was told if my wife have student visa then I will granted with work visa during her study progress.

However, I have search about work opportunity in Hamilton with my background and see if that rare job opening, and that freaking me if I will jobless in Hamilon.

Anyone can share what is the condition there?

Thanks
SWD

I doubt if you can get a work visa because your wife has a student visa.

Sorry to be negative but you will not get work in Hamilton. I come from a small town 20 minutes drive away from Hamilton and I do know this.

Hi Stumpy,

Thanks so much for your information, it's okay I don't mind about negative thinking because I need kind of information as you gave me above before decided which university she need to pick for studying.

I need to make sure still can get some jobs for surviving in New Zealand during my wife study progress, and finally for applying PR if possible.

How about Wellington? I heard there are many IT Jobs especially for networking background like me.

Thanks
SWD.

You first need to find out if you can get a work visa before you start looking for a job.

If you get caught working illegally you will probably be deported and not allowed back for at least 3 years.

Hi Stumpy,

Yes, confirmed if I will granted with work visa if my wife have run her study in New Zealand with study visa, since we are marriage couple.

The problem is, work visa can not help us survive if there are no jobs there for me.

That's why I want to check about what exactly condition over there regarding to jobs opportunity with my back ground since to much input I have had if very limited and hard to get jobs in new zealand etc.

You may not find a job in your chosen field so you should look at something else to at least give you an income.
Your wife can work part time on a student visa.

It is difficult to give you the exact conditions regarding work in NZ as some people get work straight away whilst others struggle for a few months before success.

Try www.seek.co.nz for jobs. Do a Google search for work.

I stand corrected but I do not think Hamilton is the place for you with your certs. Check seek.co.nz to confirm. The post graduate course your partner is pursuing might not require she stays permanently in Hamilton. That way, you can both both stay elsewhere in a location where your skills will be well renumerated.

Hi stumpy and Boye.

Thanks in advance for your reply and advice.
Hope we can moving there and getting jobs for survive.