gyms in Saigon

#3 07 February 2011 04:51:12

jinantha
jinantha
Ho Chi Minh City

Re: gyms in Saigon

Hi

Im looking for a good and reasonably priced gym near my hotel and office. My office is near Ng Trai, District 1 and hotel Ng Thi Minh Khai, District 1.

Thank you!

#4 12 February 2011 02:43:45

ATLOffroad
ATLOffroad
Ho Chi Minh City

It is tough to find a reasonably priced gym in District 1.  When I was looking I toured the gym on top of the Diamond Plaza and they were wanting over $100 per month for a six month membership.  Too much for me, so after shopping around I ended up joining one in Binh Thanh District. 

Next time you are at a restaurant or bar pick up a copy of The Word magazine.  In the back there is a listing of a dozen or so gyms in HCM City.

#5 15 February 2011 09:00:24

sunny_day
sunny_day
Ho Chi Minh City

There is one good gyms in Binh Thanh district for u.
address: Gym Cheetah, Dat Phuong Nam Building, Chu Van an Street, Binh Thanh district.
price around 500,000VND/month. i saw some forgeiner do exercise in there....
Hope it help.

#6 19 February 2011 11:36:54

Patrick3000
Patrick3000
Ho Chi Mi

There's one on the canal, in Phu Nhuan, right near Binh Thanh and Dist. 3:

Rach Mieu Fitness Club (Clb Th Duc & Th Hinh Rach Mieu)
So 1 Hoa Phuong, P.2, Q. Phu Nhuan

VND 400,000 per month
all the standard free weights and machines
a mix of locals and foreigners
free lockers with keys
trainers on hand to provide advice
tea, eggs and bottled water for sale
the complex has other facilities too, including a pool and aerobics

#7 19 February 2011 17:28:59

henrylamcs
henrylamcs
Singapore

That is interest, at the top of Diamond Plaza, can I know the exact address/street of Diamond Plaza?  I have been here for 2 weeks, need to get more heart beat pumping :).

Appreciate your help.  Thanks.

ATLOffroad wrote:

It is tough to find a reasonably priced gym in District 1.  When I was looking I toured the gym on top of the Diamond Plaza and they were wanting over $100 per month for a six month membership.  Too much for me, so after shopping around I ended up joining one in Binh Thanh District. 

Next time you are at a restaurant or bar pick up a copy of The Word magazine.  In the back there is a listing of a dozen or so gyms in HCM City.

#11 22 February 2011 11:16:16

summerdays
summerdays
Ho Chi Minh City

I've just got a coupon to go to the Gym in H3 building, District 4 with amazing price (VND250,000/ 2 months) Are there any one work out there too?

#12 25 June 2012 03:36:09

dnguyenvo

Does the Rach Mieu Fitness Club have air conditioning?  Some I've seen from the streets have no ac and I also went to Fitness 24 in Phu My Hung and the price is 2,000,000.  I only pay 30 dollars for my membership in Canada so I'm looking for something around the same price or less and the facility must have ac

#14 26 June 2012 17:07:09

summerdays
summerdays
Ho Chi Minh City

I got a coupon, sometime they sell voucher on Nhommua, 8mil/ year is a good price, I worked out there for a year then move to D2 so I have to change to another place. I like Get Fit very much :-)

#15 02 November 2012 15:25:44

ILikeMeDoULol
ILikeMeDoULol
Ho Chi Minh City

summerdays wrote:

I got a coupon, sometime they sell voucher on Nhommua, 8mil/ year is a good price, I worked out there for a year then move to D2 so I have to change to another place. I like Get Fit very much :-)

I'm also in District 2. Where do u go there? Stopped by dang dep bodyshape studio earlier and I think it's way overpriced.

Last edited by ILikeMeDoULol (02 November 2012 15:27:28)

#18 27 November 2012 09:32:24

Nuton
Nuton
Ho Chi Minh City

thunguyen wrote:

Pham Van Mach bodybuilder's gym: 1 Huyen Tran Cong Chua st, D1, HCMC. Very nice gym with good services here,about 500.000vnd/month (25$/month). Enjoy your time :)

Does Mach's gym have a proper squat rack and multiple barbell benches? I go to California Fitness near Ben Thanh Market and they have only one Smith Squat and one barbell bench (and a bunch of machines/dumbells)

#19 27 November 2012 10:50:14

cang_nduc
cang_nduc
Can Tho

sunny_day wrote:

There is one good gyms in Binh Thanh district for u.
address: Gym Cheetah, Dat Phuong Nam Building, Chu Van an Street, Binh Thanh district.
price around 500,000VND/month. i saw some forgeiner do exercise in there....
Hope it help.

i think i had been there, it's a good gym :)

#21 26 June 2013 06:07:49

IBTFU
IBTFU
Sai Gon

I'm on Xo Viet Nghe Tinh in Binh Thanh District. Where can I find a reasonably priced gym with a squat rack or power rack (not smith machine)? The gyms I've seen here are either poorly equipped or ludicrously expensive (>$100/month on a 6-month contract).

#22 26 June 2013 06:41:20

Nuton
Nuton
Ho Chi Minh City

I've heard that the gym at The Manor in District 2 has full squat racks. The manager, I think his name is Stephen, is an expat who was previously a body builder.

I think this is it: starfitnesssaigon.com/EN/default.aspx

Can anyone confirm? I'm also interested in finding a squat rack as well, preferably in District 1.

#23 27 June 2013 05:51:38

IBTFU
IBTFU
Sai Gon

Nuton wrote:

I've heard that the gym at The Manor in District 2 has full squat racks. The manager, I think his name is Stephen, is an expat who was previously a body builder.

I think this is it: starfitnesssaigon.com/EN/default.aspx

Can anyone confirm? I'm also interested in finding a squat rack as well, preferably in District 1.

I've heard this as well, but it's over $100/month.

#24 27 June 2013 08:16:14

tomkat70
tomkat70
Ho Chi Minh

I need to get back in shape myself. Does anyone know any good gym with reasonable price close by District 11 ? Appreciate greatly !

Tom

#25 27 June 2013 08:27:29

Kalubalesh
Kalubalesh
Ho Chi Minh City

I see many comments about the expensive membership fees..
Don't forget to bargain before you sign any contract!
I got offered 60% off the initial price they were asking me at a gym in D1. I will not mention the gym as it would not be fair to them.. just don't stop at the initial price they are asking you!

#26 17 July 2013 18:06:12

7up
7up
Ho Chi Minh City

i gym every afternoon at Airport gym 39 Truong Son, At TB district
airport gym membership 3.7m / years which is about 310k/month
free clean tower, steam and sauna : ) brand new and good quality equipment

3 members online in Vietnam

Expatriate health insurance Ho Chi Minh City
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ho Chi Minh City.
>> Click here
Expat banking Ho Chi Minh City
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Ho Chi Minh City
A few tips from professionals about moving to Ho Chi Minh City.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Ho Chi Minh City
Don't worry and travel happy across Ho Chi Minh City.
>> Click here