Estonia

Wat is d'rate of racism in estonia

Hello Chinedu,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Maybe a small introduction of yourself?

Thank you,
Pravin.

My name is victor chinedu ikebukwu and am coming to skul in Estonia,tallinn university.I jst want to knw how the estonians relate with nigerians over there in Estonia

Thank you

Hi Victor,

For some people this is a very taboo topic, but I hope to help some if I can. Estonia doesn't have much diversity outside of caucasian pale-skinned people, so it is important that if you do come here that you are aware of standing out some.

Some Asians and Africans have come to Estonia and have experience harassment, but much of this is very dependent on where you go. As long as you stay away from some of the bad parts of town in the big cities, typically nobody will bother you. This includes shady bars and local hang outs. There is the occasional "Nationalist" Estonian and "skin-head" here and there, but keep in mind they are mostly harmless as long as you are elsewhere with friends.

You may be subject to the "N" word very often, but something you must be aware of is that the word "Neeger" is used to describe people of darker skin, but it is not meant in a mean way in Estonian language and is not treated as a negative word here. In fact, my friend has a black cat named "Neeger" and in Estonian, it is actually treated as a neutral word, or in some cases depending on how it is used, indicates "black beauty". So, if you are facing this subject when you arrive, please be aware of the meaning, whereas outside of Estonia, this word is extremely durogatory and offensive. If somebody refers to you as "must" or "mustlane" this is offensive because it translates to "Dirty" or "Dirty person."

In Tallinn, in and around areas where there are students, which you will spend most of your time with, I expect you won't have any troubles. But as I said before, Estonia is not very culturally diverse with people from southern countries, and there are people in Estonia who have never seen a darker skinned person. These people may be filled with surprise if you ever meet one. You should have no reason to be afraid, but some racism does exist, however, Estonia is very peaceful.

I hope that you will enjoy your stay here, because it is a very beautiful country and have a nice visit.

Cheers!
Chris

Thank u

Can ibe a rap artist,musician in estonia

I mean. Hw to get a record label to sign