Ideas, work, prospects

Hi are there any British, American, Australian, any countrymen from the commonwealth, or any English speaking people ect based in Belgrade that may have any business ideas or prospects to live there or want to live there?

HI Samuel.

im very keen to live and work in Serbia. Just trying to find an excuse to move there, given the apparent lack of job options available to any English-only speaker such as myself. Im a civil engineer in the water sector from Melbourne, Australia. If you find any ideas worth pursuing or can suggest some options, I would love to hear about them.

cheers,
Aaron

Hi Aaron
It would depend on how bad u wanted to live there. For myself, I'd love to live there but I wouldn't like to live there as a pauper. Teaching English is always an option but even that can be a struggle to get the many hours in for that regular income. In my opinion bg is a very up and coming city, with I think would have a lot of demand for tourists once it gets its recognition.
In regards to ur trade and mine (electrical engineer) i I personally wouldnt myself pursue that in Serb as it pays low, need contacts for jobs, and lack of work in general.
I'm sure there's a gap in the market! Just need to find it

just refreshing as im here now....anyone have any ideas as yet? calling out to new memebers too

[Moderated: pls post in the Jobs in Belgrade section]

Hi Aaron, have you managed to find something in the Electrical Engineering field? I am South African and English is my mother tongue. I am also in the field of Engineering and looking for a job in Belgrade. My major is Process Instrumentation. Do you have any ideas or advice to pass on?

Thanks

@dnk13 - i suggest you post your resume in the Engineering and technical services jobs in Belgrade section please as it might help :)

Hey everyone,

Just signed up today. Was looking through the forum and this thread seems like closest thing to my question.

My name is Stanislav. I live in the US (in Baltimore, Maryland) and currently considering relocating to Serbia (Belgrade, specifically). Professionally, I'm in the entry-to-mid-level stage of my career, and am looking for others who are more or less in the same position, in order on starting up a joint venture (business or otherwise) in Belgrade.

So if anyone out there is also seriously considering moving to Belgrade but still hasn't decided what they'd actually want to do there (and would be open to sharing ideas), do hit me up!!

Stanislav