OMG! No Bikinis in Bali!

I don't know a thing about Ecuador Luke, but I hope there other appealing aspects to the place like great natural beauty (landscape) not skin, food, quality of life, and openly very friendly local folks. 

Have you got a photo of one of those wanita to post?  :lol:

My days in Ecuador were full on fun and full of adventure and exploration. For photos, well I was busy taking photos of the wildlife and places I went to rather than the people I met.

"For photos, well I was busy taking photos of the wildlife and places I went to rather than the people I met."

OK Luke, so the women weren't really all that amazing after all? ;)

Funny thing about old tourist photos of Bali (of which I am an avid collector)...the majority are of the people even though the landscape is also breathtaking.

No they were but at the time I was focused on photographing people. My memory does serve me well, but the stories perhaps are not to be aired here!

“My days in Ecuador were full on fun and full of adventure and exploration. For photos, well I was busy taking photos of the wildlife and places I went to rather than the people I met.”

“…at the time I was focused on photographing people.”

One or the other Luke. :| 

“My memory does serve me well…”

Ah huh.  :rolleyes:

Ooops, Well caught. I meant, I was not focused on photographing people. Sorry for the confusion.

I'd rather think it was a Freudian slip Luke, and that you indeed have some more interesting photos from Ecuador beyond landscapes and architecture!  :D

But your right to keep those private is indeed your right. 

Cheers!

call me in jakarta +6283870340713

Why would I want to call you? What do you have to offer?

Not for me, Ubud, me old luv.
Too skinny and she steals horse's teeth.

I'll snap some ball bouncingly sexy girls when I get chance to go out with my new camera.
Oh, I just went wild and got a new toy with 42x optical zoom and other sexy stuff.

I could just about take photos of Bali's lady's (no - not a mistake :D) from here.

Ah!  So you were able to convince the misses to let you go ahead and get some new photography toys.  That's great!  And hopefully it means more regular installments on your “Fred Went a Wandering” string!

Did you also get a wide angle lens for use on those “bouncingly sexy girls?” :lol:

Cheers and keep on clicking!

Ubudian wrote:

Well, at least this thread is more fun than when it started out!

You just never know.  Sometimes they take on a life of their own.  Sometimes they die quickly and painfully.

lukereg wrote:

Bali bikinis, obviously.

Does Bali have ladyboys à la Thailand?

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
lukereg wrote:

Bali bikinis, obviously.

Does Bali have ladyboys à la Thailand?

I would think so as there are plenty in Jakarta area.
I can't post the photos.

Thai style katoeys are pretty rare in Bali, at least among the Balinese population.  And the only place one would possibly run into one would be in Kuta, and those lady boys would most likely be from another island.

What are common and notorious in Bali are the famed Kuta Cowboys which might account for Kuta being such a popular draw for single women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq5Si3oSdkg

no i didn't have an offering for you

octavianus wrote:

no i didn't have an offering for you

No point posting your number then.
More seriously - if you just wander in with your number on open forum - fair chance you'll get unwelcome offers of some sort.

I get unwelcome offers even without posting my number, which is 42.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

I get unwelcome offers even without posting my number, which is 42.

42, according to Mr. D. Adams (the hitch hiker), was the key to life, the universe and everything but some mice suggested it may be the number of roads a man must walk down.
They only did that out of desperation because they couldn't mash any brains up.
The story proves, two heads aren't always better than one.

My number, 666, is far more fun (unless you've been sent to hell for looking at girls in bikinis).

OK, so I know I'm late coming to this thread, I'm a newbie and the topic has moved on a bit from the original post, but...

What is wrong with a beauty pageant without a bikini parade? Women are beautiful. Especially clothed and one of the lovely things about this country is the modesty of the people.

Beauty contest Bikini parades are almost unheard of in the UK, which is more about respect for women and a backlash against the casual sexism of the 70's than anything else. Why would Bali or Indonesia appear backwards for respecting the modesty of women?

Then again, I agree with Mas Fred that this thread is more fun than when it started :)

Sam, name one major international beauty pageant (AND, that doesn't include the Miss Liverpool Pageant) that doesn't have a swimsuit competition…which these days means bikini swimwear.   

“Then again, I agree with Mas Fred that this thread is more fun than when it started.”

That's all well and good Sam, but it wasn't Fred who said that, rather, it was me on June 24:

“Well, at least this thread is more fun than when it started out!”

It is still an interesting thread, my apologies for mis allocation of your comment. I have been enjoying the debate.

A quote from the wikiweb to add to the debate

"In June 2013, Miss World announced it was banning bikinis from the traditional swimsuit competition segment of the event, with pageant chairwoman Julia Morley explaining, "I do not want to upset or get anyone in a situation where we are being disrespectful."

"Beauty contest Bikini parades are almost unheard of in the UK..."

But they're back (and in bikinis) for the 2013 Miss England competition!

No apologies needed Sam...and glad you're enjoying the debate! 

Cheers!

I'm not going to argue that the UK is a bastion of good behaviour!, especially with the growth in "lads magazines" and topless models in the national papers ;)

The issues are different if what is happening in Bali is an attempt to avoid offence to the religious extremists (which is by nature almost impossible) or an honest attempt to improve the dignity of the competition.

Sadly I suspect it's the first rather than the second

;)

You can bet your last farthing that the Balinese had nothing to do with this capitulation to Islamic extremism.  The Balinese have zero tolerance for such BS, and you might also keep in mind that it wasn't all that long ago that for Balinese women, the normal daily dress was a simple sarong tied around the waist...no bra, no top at all.  My mother in law still hangs out in her compound that way, which took some getting used to on my part.

I can imagine, haha :)

mas fred wrote:

42, according to Mr. D. Adams (the hitch hiker), was the key to life, the universe and everything but some mice suggested it may be the number of roads a man must walk down.

Why do you think I always bring a towel?

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
mas fred wrote:

Why do you think I always bring a towel?

Ah, a thought.
Mr. Adams failed to mention, the towel may be used to cover up a bikini clad girl....at least until you get her home.

“…the towel may be used to cover up a bikini clad girl…”

NO WAY!  This is Indonesia Fred and we have sarongs to cover up our bikini clad girls…

http://www.homeinbali.com/forum/index.p … e&img=3367

Still no meat to get hold of.
I'd squash them.

Fred, I think you'd be much happier on the island of Samoa, and not Java where you can easily find women with a BMI (body mass index) at 32 or more.

As for me I subscribe more to the old Polish Wedding song, “you can have her I don't want her, she's too fat for me!” :lol:

Moa Fred?  Just what we need.

:lol:  Scoring ten points for Hailey!