FOR THOSE WHO LEFT NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

YOU ARE NOT MISSING out on anything today we were outside in front of Safeway (large grocery chain for those who do not know what is Safeway) and a woman in her 30's smoking pot with her probably eleven year ( young) old son (he called her mom) and he was holding a baby and she was standing with a another baby in the stroller....this "activity" has become very COMMON here in northern California ...cops just drive by like nothing...people just walked right by them like nothing because it's acceptable now if you do not do anything about it becomes "OKAY"...my husband wanted to SPIT IN HER FACE .SO FOR THOSE EXPATS BE HAPPY YOU ARE IN CUENCA AND I CANNOT WAIT TO GET OUT OF THIS RAT RACE........

ha      dude  u ever been to a third world country?????

if he wanted to spit in the face of someone he doesn't know how will he deal with kids begging on the street   for money so their papa can have a few drinks tonight????

So what someone was smoking weed ( which is legal to do now and always should have been).

Its not his or yours or mine place to judge anyone and from what I understand  there is no laws against marijuana in ecuador  either     
that attitude dude  will get u unloved and in trouble in a third world country      chill   relax      for all u know   she might have a medical condition or late stage cancer.
Does your husband drink a beer  near or around your children????

whats the difference????

THAT IS Disquesting

HEY DUDE YOU CANNOT LEGAL SMOKE POT WITH YOUR CHILD OKAY THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE MAYBE FOR YOU YOUNGER PEOPLE THAT IS THE WORLD YOU LIVE IN....

but it is ok to drink around your child?

all  I am trying to point out to u   is  u think things are different  in a third world country?   or worse?

I'm not sure  if the use of caps  in a forum is socially acceptable to do either     yet   ^^^^   that  did not seem to stop u.

Maybe u need to go and smoke a bit of the devils marijuana  and calm down a bit 
and yes I may be young   but I'm well educated.
Often in a society when a new law ( and lets be honest here marijuana never should have been illegal in the first place) has been implemented  it takes awhile for social taboo's to reform and being that most of the "users" that smoke in public are not exactly respectable citizens ( same as those that drink in public)  what  can u really expect from them...?
The world is made up  of all sizes and shapes
from people that want to spit in that face of people( wow the amount of disease that could come from that saliva and in turn infecting her children ie hepatitis   to just to name one... compared to smoking a bit of weed   in public in front of your kids....    one  does get worried when your husbands first reaction is to spit in someones  face....HMMM?
I sure that ain't legal either  my dear?

How hard would it have been to approach the woman and say "hi" ....pause and maybe calmly explaining your objections to her actions and pointing out the social faux pa  she is injecting into her community.
At least then  u have managed to explain your displeasure in her actions.....  might even  change her life.

Stop worrying about what someone else is doing. Stop worrying about other people's kids. If they aren't assaulting you or taking your things, then you have no business deciding what someone else should or should not do. The very reason we ever had marijuana and alcohol laws is because people think they have some right to decide how other people live.

How easy is your life that you have time to worry yourself over someone else smoking pot?

BrandonBP wrote:

Stop worrying about what someone else is doing.

Everyone is entitled to there viewpoint, certainly. In Ecuador, the law is usually clear (don't drive with children in the back of the pickup). But, some things are grey areas. People are not quick to judge anything here. And, things like letting others ride in the back of a pickup may be the only way to transport a large family. So, the police may look the other way when they realize this. One needs to be careful to not just express their criticism because that does not solve the problem. On the other hand, if you want to work towards a solution, your efforts will usually be appreciated. Unfortunately, in a third-world country, solutions may not come easy. So, if you do worry a lot about what others do, you may find yourself very frustrated and without much support from those around you. The less you judge, the more peaceful things can be. This is sort of a golden rule of local culture.

I run into people smoking pot in public fairly often in Ecuador.  It's pretty hard not to smell it or be offered it in the Mariscal area of Quito.  Last time I was in Cuenca, I walked past people smoking pot three different times in 2 days.   I see empty baggies on the street all over my neighborhood.

Hi all,

This thread seems irrelevant to the purpose of the site.
I close the discussion.

Thanks
Armand

Closed