2 apts available

I have heard of folks having a difficult time in finding apartments for rent. Check this out.
I was walking down the street in the area of the stadium. This older gentleman approached me, and asked if I spoke English. I replied "a little".
What I actually think he was asking, was if I was a North American, cuz the next thing out of his mouth was that he has 2 apartments for rent. They are on the 12th floor of a hotel, and I believe they were both 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, and fully furnished. I asked what he wanted for rent, and he said $ 250.00 per month. I got his info, so if anyone is interested, pm me and I'll shoot you his info. He is a ship Captain, and lives in the US. If anyone is familiar with the Verde Hotel in Cuenca, that is where they are located. I know nothing of the building, and I in no way will make any money off the deal. Just thought I'd pass on the info.
I couldn't help but reflect on my luck. Had I been looking for an apartment, this would NEVER have happened to me.
Neil
Ps he also said if it were 2 people, he would have to raise the rent to $300.00 per month

Captain Jaime. 81 years old. Worked as boat driver for years in the United States. He approached me at the westside Supermaxi about 8 months ago . I went to see an apartment he was renting out right next to the Oro Verde on the top floor at $500 all utitlies included. He also had another one on another floor for less month coming free in a couple months. He eventually put that top floor apartment on Craigslist for sale. Probably sold fast.

I knew he was older, but a bit surprised that he's 81. He can't still be captaining?
Anyway, sounds like he gets around. He did tell me he lives in The US? Guy must just troll the streets looking for gringo renters.
By the way, excellent directions to Bananas. I went by it later in the day, and will hit it for breakfast in the morn.
Neil
Ps.
That's where he got me too, right in front of the provocative lingerie shop by the Super Maxi

He does consulting now whenever they call him.

So I take it that the best way to find an apartment in Cuenca is to hang out in lingerie stores and wait for an elderly sailor to approach?

It's a different way to go about things, but hey, I'm adaptable. :)

Bob

I think you might be right. But shhh we don't want to hear Neils explanation of why he was hanging around the lingerie shop. Rofl.

hallarious......

BobH wrote:

So I take it that the best way to find an apartment in Cuenca is to hang out in lingerie stores and wait for an elderly sailor to approach?

It's a different way to go about things, but hey, I'm adaptable. :)

Bob

Just my luck.... nuthin' in my size. Go Figger.

Hans,
I have a perfectly good explanation as to why I was at that store, I just can't come up with it right now. I'll get back to you.
You getting excited about the trip? Beautiful day here.
Stay Well,
Neil

When you do finally come up with the reason DONT TELL ME PLEASE. LOL.

I am sooooo looking forward to it. Less than two weeks now;) Whoo whoo.

Still taking spanish lessons but, its not working as well as I had hoped. I can order a table for two at a restaurant but I think the waiter is going to look at me funny if its just me.

I'm excited too coming down in 6 weeks got 9 days wish u could get more out of my work.  2 days in Quito 3 days in montanita don't know what I'll do with the last 3 days stay n montanita Salinas or manta