JOBS IN TORONTO...

Dear everybody,

My name is Gregori and i am 28 years old.I am a Greek-Canadian.I plan to visit canada next month. I have a bachelor degree in Acounting and a master degree in Business Economics, Finance and Banking. I speak english good enough (i think...xa) and a litle French.I would like to ask you about how  dificult is it to find employment in junior jobs related to my studies in the toronto area?I am a also a SIN CARD holder.

Thanks in advance,

Gregori

Hi Gregori,

Well I guess that you already are well aware of the fact that Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are the top three most sought after cities for newcomers to locate in. This fact only tends to complicate the already problematic task of finding employment.

Have you ever considered any other locations in Canada? At the moment the Province of Alberta is in the midst of surprising growth and there's loads of work available in almost every field in both Calgary and Edmonton. Think about it! It may not be the place you've always dreamed of living in, but what the heck, it's a great place to start off. You can always move to Toronto later once you've gotten yourself well established in Canada and can calmly job hunt while you're gainfully employed in AB.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Firstly I would like to thank you for your response..Many people have already told me that the province of Alberta is a good place to start your career. However, many other have told me that Toronto is the  center of Financial services so it would be much easier for me to find employment related to my studies.I am a little confused.I am sure that you know much more than me and I appreciate the time you spend to answer me.

While Toronto is the financial heart of Canada it is also the first choice for newcomers to settle in. It is for exactly this reason that it will probably be much more difficult to find work there. You end up competing with not only everybody that's lived their all along, but with all the other people who've immigrated for every single job opening. It's brutal.

I really think there's nothing wrong with making Toronto your ultimate goal, but believe it better to work up to that goal and not just go straight for it in one shot.

I'd recommend Alberta as a starting point in Canada, once you're settled and working then begin a job search in Toronto that can be leisurely and prolonged so you can select the BEST job, not just any one that comes along.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

I will gladly help with free banking advice and some French if you are new to Canada.

Hello Vishdev,

Maybe you can post your advice on the forum, so that other members can view it as well! ;)

Thanks,
Pravin.

Hi guys,

Most newcomers know little about how to go about opening a bank account, credit and investment.  I am in the banking sector since a number of years and will gladly offer some advice  such as the requirements to open an account and where and how to get the right information.  Very basic stuff that can be helpful to those newcomers who do not know much about how the system operates.

Regarding French, anybody needing some very basic assistance can contact me on this blog.

Gregory,
If you haven't found a job in banking yet, you can look for job postings online.  This is a surer bet.

Iam a Nigerian  i need a need a job in Canada plz