Applying for a Taiwanese Passport

Hello everyone! I've just arrived in Taipei last night from Saudi Arabia, and I'd like to apply for a Taiwanese passport. I'm a Taiwanese national who moved to the Unted States during my infancy and entered Taiwan last night on my American passport. I've lived contiuously in the States and therefore do not have a Taiwanese ID or passport. I was told that I could not apply for a passport while in Taiwan and that I needed to do that in the States. Does anyone know if this is accurate? I'd like to apply for one while I'm here. It seems like I might be able to by how this page is titled?

boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=4679&ctNode=766&mp=2

Also, I can't read Chinese nor do I understand Mandarin (I understand some Taiwanese) so it's been difficult for me to figure this out. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Hi

Best solution is marry a taiwanese girl first then give up your
usa passport eventually you can get taiwanese passport.
tks
peter

Hi shin-shin,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Peter-

To clarify, I was born in Taiwan and therefore have a Taiwanses ID #. My parents never renewed my passport while I was growing up in the States. That's why I don't have one, so I don't need to marry anyone or give up my American citizenship to get a Taiwanese passport. Nor would I want to marry a Taiwanese "girl" (hope your not a pedophile) as I'm not male, nor am I gay. Does Taiwan recognize same sex marriages?

None of the government offices here seem to know how to go about this, but it appears after some digging around that I'll have to leave Taiwan and apply for a lost passport at a Taiwanese embassy in another country, most likely in either Hong Kong or Tokyo. Then I'll be able to enter Taiwan on the new Taiwanese passport, and from there I can apply for an ID card. If I ever have the time and money to do this, I'll post an update confirming the details.

Best,
Shin-Shin

Hello I'm Fei. I would love to help you if you need someone to help you with Chinese.
[Moderated: send details in private pls]