Living in Hoi An

Hi BIG Jed, footyclassifieds asked about permancey in Hoi an details, can you also PM me the same details? cheers mark. Hi Carrol and Warren, I am looking to do something very similar, I checked out itoi (volunters ) and they do TEFAL courses but this avenue doesn`t really appeal, any sort of volunteer work would be ok, I am intending to sell up in Perh and invest the $ so I have an income, hope to see you around some time. I`ll be there around the 14th Feb 14, cheers, Mark

Exciting times ahead Mark.......you couldn't have picked a nicer Town to go to.

Carol

Hi to all,
Great to read back on many posts from others on here, a colleague and I are both moving into Hoi An very soon and open a business with a focus on good Australian wines. I will be hoping to visit the area in a few months and have a few friends already living in Hoi An. Looking forward to researching more on living there. Any info anyone can send my way would be very much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Richard

Hi Guys,

We are still on track to arrive early to mid Jan to commence the school year. Caroline was happy to see Aussie wines making an appearance!!!

Does anybody know what the process is to get a tourist visa renewal without leaving the country. We are required to book return airfares to return or leave Veitnam within 3 months of arrival and hope to renew in country and if we have to, do a visa run somewhere close by.

Any advice would be great,

Cheers,

Warren and Caroline

Hi Warren and Carroline,youv'e possibley already figured this , but from what I understand, you need to go to the local tourist office a couple or 3 weeks before the end of you'r visa and apply for an extension,3 months then the same at the end of that 3 at which point you get the bus to the border apply for a new visa to enter and it all starts again.Good luck, there are a lot of threads on the subject and many more people with better info than me

Thanks Mark, that's helpful as if we can avoid it we don't want to pay for the four of us to fly outside Vietnam.

Thanks and regards,

Warren

You should be able to renew your visa, or possibly apply for a business visa, 12 months, through a hotel or travel agent......you shouldn't have to leave the country to do this!

i've just joined up also, hoi an has flood often, so stay on high ground, or find a place that don't smell musty

Hi Carol,

We won't be working and we have two young kids, is it possible to obtain a business visa for 12 months from Australia that you know of. We are only going for 6 months and a six month visa would be ideal. We have been told by most that we would have to enter on 3 month tourist visas and renew either in country or do a visa run to Cambodia or somewhere close,

Thanks and regards,

Warren

I see your moving over from Oz, I am meeting my wife there in June, she is flying up from NZ.  Let me know what you have learned so far about the place please, this is our first visit.

Cheers

Carol
so far so good in Hoi an?

My wife and I are hitting Vietnam June 5th, working our way up to Hoi an
[email protected]

Fabulous!....how exciting....keep in touch, would love to Hear what you think about Hoi an. Make sure you get to Cui Dai beach.....

Lucky buggars!......happy travels...

mmmmm...I'd make sure they aren't expensive. l know that mail takes a while, so a parcel could take quite a while....and really there's not a lot you can do if it "gets lost in the mail"

Hi Rikthechef,

My partner and I were thinking the same, moving to Hoi An and starting a small business. We were there for Xmas and New Years and fell in love with the place. I would love to hear any tips you and your colleague might have to offer. We're just chatting about the idea at the minute, so very early stages. Best of luck to you two.

Regards,

Heels

Hi Mark, my name is Mai ( as in "my"). I havebeen living in Hoi An off and on for 8 years now. I don'know anything about the business side of life but happy to help with any other info you might need.

Hi Heels,
Love getting over to Hoi An, also have been kind of adopted by a Vietnamese family (my mates Vietnamese wife's family) in a village just out of Hue. Love the people, culture & life style. The other mate that was looking at a possible Australian Wine Bar has had to rethink, tax to import is 80%, way too expensive for any business.
Hope everything goes well for you guys, I am traveling back again in mid March for 4 weeks. Doing research and visiting good friends.
Kind regards,
rikthechef

I was at Hoi An last year and spend sometime in this really quiet but interesting town. Love the local quiet life and the beach nearby. There are many new cafe around the town. I prefer staying in Da Nang and take a day trip here next time.

Hi,
  We have a beautiful, modern, well kept house with garden at Cam Chau . All summer long free, since we're leaving for Europe. I can send the photos & additional info to PM

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum

Hi, Grbaca,

You are asking 2 things about somewhere to stay in Hoi an and visa.
I might have some idea for you. I am Aussie/Vietnamese
Now, 1- For somewhere to stay I got 2 apartments unit you might interested in. Please take a look in
Housing section you will see my little house unit.
          2- about visa. Every time when you enter to Vietnam you will ask a visa for minimum 3 months.
But you might have a multi-visa to enter in and out Vietnam many times you like. I think up to 5 years.
You can ask any Vietnamese travel agent in Brisbane they will help you. The last resource you might
call Vietnam ambassador in Canberra they will give you more information.
Good luck, mate
Ciao, Melbourne

hello everyone,

Since the topic of this thread is "Living in Hoi An"  and it apparently turned into a real estate show off. Please stick with the subject of this topic.

Kindly note that for every housing adverts, we have a dedicated section for that. I would suggest that you refer to the link below to post an ad.

: Housing in Hoi An

Best regards,
Gavind

[topic closed]

Closed