Buying property from India in Uruguay

I want to know can we buy a house in Uruguay from India itself.so that when we land there one can stay in the house.

If it is possible what are the formalities ?

Urgent please.

How to get the income requirement in writing as I am unable to get from anywhere.

I would highly recommend you wait till you get here.  There is a lot for sale but there are also a lot of properties that you would not want to buy, some have a lot of problems with the legal paperwork - money owing for renovations, illegally built etc, many are not year round homes but just for summer vacations with no heating, no hot water in the kitchen etc.

You will have to pay cash for the property as you will not get a mortgage and the legal process can take several months to complete.  Sellers will often remove everything including water heaters, kitchen cupboards, light fixtures, I know one house where they even took the trees in the yard.  You need to be here to make sure everything you expect is left in the house before the closing.

You will need a good realtor and a good lawyer. If you do not speak Spanish you should find both with some English.  You need to actually look at many houses here before you will understand what is a good buy and what is overpriced or poorly built. 

There is a lot for rent and renting for at least three to six  months will give you time to look around before buying something you may regret.

Thankyou so much for your advice.

Regards,
Rajks