How to extend type-C visa in Ukraine

Hi! Beautiful People,

Im Lavz currently in Kiev, Im a Filipina..Been 1year married to Ukranian. I got here through type-C visa allows me to stay 60days. We supposed to applied for the Type-D but Consulate in Vietnam given me the C type. Now, we wanted to extend my stay here in Ukraine and we dont know How and Where to apply. My husband do not know either who to approach for this.

Does anyone here experienced or know some details how to apply for visa extension or even change my visa into Type D ( longer stay)?

Im really hoping that I can apply and extend my visa here in Kiev because I dont want to go back Philippines and start from the top again.

Thank you in advance!

Does your husband understand the Ukrainian language?

Hi GreyKyiv,

Yes he does understand and speaks Ukrainian and Russian.

Have him read these:

http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/567-2011-%D0%BFhttp://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/150-2012-%D0%BF

Bad news - you will need a D - but you don't have to go back home to get one, just leave Ukraine. [moderated: no free ads please]

Hello, I am looking for an accurate answer to my question which is this. I am currently in the Ukraine but my regular US passport was stolen and was planning on staying here for 90 days. Do I have to return to US to get a long stay term visa to Ukraine or can I also obtain one from a Ukraine consulate in a neighboring country such as Moldova? If I can get a Ukraine visa from Moldova using my new US passport proving my identification, what are the waiting periods or is it a quick process, what are the associated fees and other documents I will need?

reedmatts wrote:

Hello, I am looking for an accurate answer to my question which is this. I am currently in the Ukraine but my regular US passport was stolen and was planning on staying here for 90 days. Do I have to return to US to get a long stay term visa to Ukraine or can I also obtain one from a Ukraine consulate in a neighboring country such as Moldova? If I can get a Ukraine visa from Moldova using my new US passport proving my identification, what are the waiting periods or is it a quick process, what are the associated fees and other documents I will need?

You can apply from Moldova. The requirements must be the same as were for the first time you applied for the visa in the US.
However, maybe because you already have a visa but you just lost it you won't need to go through the whole procedure again. I doubt this but you better ask when you apply. And I would advice you to go to the closest OVIR and ask there.

I figured this and also confirmed with other consules that US Citizens can use any Ukraine Consulate while abroad. I have another question for you, I am not sure if it was your or another poster who had written they had visited Moldova to get their type D visa, I am curious what was the experience like? Did the Ukraine officers  place an exit stamp on the Passport/Visa or did they just passed you through? I have also read that if crossing by car they suggesting using the non-stop visa issue office so can tell me some more about what this means?

reedmatts wrote:

I figured this and also confirmed with other consules that US Citizens can use any Ukraine Consulate while abroad. I have another question for you, I am not sure if it was your or another poster who had written they had visited Moldova to get their type D visa, I am curious what was the experience like? Did the Ukraine officers  place an exit stamp on the Passport/Visa or did they just passed you through? I have also read that if crossing by car they suggesting using the non-stop visa issue office so can tell me some more about what this means?

Sorry it was not me.

Hello gusto ko rin Malaman ang ganyan kung paano.. Nice to meet you :)

Hi! I didnt went to Moldova as I needed to get a visa there..but what we do was I went to Vietnam again (where I got my 90days visa first) and applied for  Type D visa, and got it after 2weeks. Im from Philippines ..so, I am back in Kiev now last November and right away my inlaw work my docs I guess in OVIR and after a week I got my temporary  residence permit. ☺ :)

There is a US Embassy in Kiev. Do your passport reissued there

@ zookeeper : Kindly note that this topic has been launched back in 2013 and that it is inactive since 2014. Therefore, you may not receive any feedback here.

If you have any questions for the community, i would advise you to create a new thread in the Kiev forum.
Otherwise, if you only want to assist our dear members, you can simply participate to more recent threads. :)

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers: