Expat Salary

Hi,

The help extended by the expat community on this blog is quite remarkable. I am hoping for a similar help.

I am in the middle of package negotiations with my employer and need some advice from the fellow expats.

I am an engineering professional with 10+ years of experience, working for an FMCG MNC. My company is offering me a role in POM. This is a Head of Supply Chain position, reporting into the GM. We are a family of 3.

What should be the monthly salary range in Aus $ (Net take home after tax) for this type/level of role?.(Please note that accommodation-excl. bills, transport, schooling, medical will be covered by the company and are not part of the salary.)

Anticipating your response.

Regards

Hello Rayan332.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

I presume you will be living and working in Port Moresby ?

I have worked in PNG as civil superintendent on remote sites.
The last site was Komo air port,2011, and my take home salary was AUS$12,000 on a 6 week on 2 week off roster.All medical, travel etc paid for by company.

You state schooling paid for so you will not be fly in fly out but residential. Does the company cover superannuation ??If not best you include that in the negotiations.

Engineers on site at Komo, with little overseas experience, got $10,000 a month net.

Hope this helps.

Hi Stumpy,

Thanks for writing back.

Yes it will be on residential basis though they will be providing R&R and home leave tickets (4 per annum). Superannuation is already covered by the home country.

I hope COL hasn't changed much over 2 years.

Would love to hear from someone who's currently working there.

Thanks

Salaries are still much the same now as they were in 2011, just the time on time off has changed in favor of the employee.