Bahrain is very safe to live in - now you can all relax

:D

Fully support this post. I even wouldn't mind this being sticky to be honest, because we get the same question almost every day. At least people will know that Bahrain is a safe country. Thanks Jo!

I second that suggestion from Brightonguy. This post should be the first thing everyone sees :)

Sure Bahrain is safer, but still it is better to avoid few of the areas...........on Thursday and Friday

I always get an updates on my fb from SSFC

:cool:

shayeen wrote:

Sure Bahrain is safer, but still it is better to avoid few of the areas...........on Thursday and Friday

I always get an updates on my fb from SSFC

:cool:

SSFC are a bit over the top for my liking. Most of us know where not to go after only a few weeks here but the forum and the guideare full of useful information to help newcomers.

Bahrain certainly has it's issues just like most Countries but I feel the media and social networks make it appear a lot worse than it is.

Yeah, talking about media its everywhere....

Media always plays a main role in making the situation worse by showing violence and drama which makes people more angry....
:/
Hatsoff to Bahrain police/Security force for keeping everything under control. :cool:

Actually Problems are there in Bahrain but we are not feeling as the security force is good enough to handle them......

Finally, "Bahrain is very safe to live in - now you can all relax"

;)

SHAYEEN

its very safe indeed, nothing to worry about, try your best to have fun most of the time

:)

am getting updated from FB Expatriates in Bahrain

That page looks pretty suspicious to me.

Farhaz wrote:

:huh:

Armand wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

:huh:

Yeah Armand. The contents did not appear to be balanced. I see that the link has been removed now.

I am a single parent and I feel pretty much safer too!

I don't know if you guys have noticed but since this thread has come up, the number of questions about Bahrain being safe or not has reduced dramatically. Thanks Jo!

Agreed brightonguy. It was certainly a good idea to put this up as a sticky. Tnx Jo.

Thanks. Just felt it needed to be said.

Considering the Latest events , what Is the effect on Muslim Expat families ?  I know the conflict is mostly not democratic based it is more of Shiaa / Sunna Conflict.. and I have concerns to accept the an offer and move my family form a hot spot ( Egypt ) to other hotspot and being a minority there ?

Walaamaher, the problems here are restricted within two,three areas (not cetain of the specific names of the villages/areas) for the rest of the place is business as usual and it certainly is not even close to the events taking place in egypt.

Capriole thanks for the tip...

Yes Walaamaher. Bahrain happenings are no where close to what we saw happen in Egypt. It is perfectly safe for everyone, from whatever religious/ethnic background.

We can always advise you what areas to avoid and what the telltale signs of trouble spots are.

Bahrain is indeed perfectly safe.

I have lived in Bahrain for only about 2 weeks now and I would have to agree. I feel completely safe here. Now driving on the other hand... :)

Bahrain is very safe, I have never encountered any issues during my visits and stays in Bahrain,  The media always blows everything out of proportion.

Keep calm, and enjoy Bahrain

Bahrain is definitely safe. Hats off to the policemen who are doing an excellent job to keep us safe.I had the opportunity to treat a policeman involved in a blast in my very first week in Bahrain.This has definitely increased my admiration and respect for the policemen here.

agsuhail wrote:

Bahrain is definitely safe. Hats off to the policemen who are doing an excellent job to keep us safe.I had the opportunity to treat a policeman involved in a blast in my very first week in Bahrain.This has definitely increased my admiration and respect for the policemen here.

For the record, the police here earn approx BD500 a month. Putting their lives at risk every day.

So proud of our doctors and police doing what they are doing to ensure the rest of us live a peaceful life

Who really amazes me are the ones who have to stay outdoors, all day during summer when it peaks at 50 degrees from time to time. Even though some of them stay under a shade, staying outdoors, whether day or night during summer is a very hard thing to do. And if what you say is true Jo, they earn extremely little amount of money for what they do.

Completely agree brightonguy, and it's not like they're wearing board shorts and flip flops either. Tough job but I think everyone appreciates them being there.

Do you feel safe during night, I mean if you go out for dining or bars, etc during night

Simplyurs wrote:

Do you feel safe during night, I mean if you go out for dining or bars, etc during night

Absolutely!

Trouble in Bahrain is limited to a few villages and consists of activities that are disruptive rather than dangerous. 

Even the usual trouble spots are generally quiet. If you stay away from the usual trouble spots you will be fine.

Trouble spots can be identified by tire burn marks on the road, graffiti on walls, and the presence of police. 

Go ahead and enjoy yourself. Bahrain is perfectly safe.

Thank you so much for your post ,its nice to know that  everything is back to normal now, I love Bahrain, especially the people in Bahrain, very friendly, simple and welcoming. We used to sit in the area called Dewania and watch people ,and the bars, dances and the fun and then sometimes snaking in McDonald at midnight near Al-Yateem Mall, Its really relaxing that everything is there to enjoy.

Most of Bahrain is absolutely safe. Don't worry and enjoy your time.

Yes
Bahrain is pretty much as safe as it was ever was

spread the love

i will be in Bahrain for 2-3 days this second week of February i would like to see the city where can i go will be travelling alone

mjbratkitkat wrote:

i will be in Bahrain for 2-3 days this second week of February i would like to see the city where can i go will be travelling alone

You will be fine - stay away from the villages, they are very easy to spot as they look very rough. Shopping Malls and restaurants are best to visit in the evening as they are very safe even when dark. during the day you can get out and about and explore. There are virtually no buses in Bahrain so you will either have to hire a car or book a taxi which can be expensive.

mjbratkitkat wrote:

Hi there.
Great to hear that you will be visiting Bahrain. We had a nice discussion recently on this and you may benefit if ou could take a look at it. Here's the link: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=328666

Let us know if you have any questions. Have an enjoyable visit.

Thanks for the Advise..i would like to see the Galleries and Museums and the King Fahad Causeway..maybe i will need to call the a travel agent for a tour

Thanks

mjbratkitkat wrote:

Thanks for the Advise..i would like to see the Galleries and Museums and the King Fahad Causeway..maybe i will need to call the a travel agent for a tour

You can easily do those things on your own without wasting money on a tour quide. They will probably charge you quite a lot of money.

You will enjoy the Museums and the Forts are nice too especially at this time of year when it isn't too hot

Let us know if you need assistance in locating a reliable tour operator or guide.

Beat wishes for your upcoming trip.

Bahrain is very small, you can see all attractions without the need for travel agent.

just make sure of the opening times

enjoy

Josnuggles wrote:
mjbratkitkat wrote:

You can easily do those things on your own without wasting money on a tour quide. They will probably charge you quite a lot of money.

You will enjoy the Museums and the Forts are nice too especially at this time of year when it isn't too hot

you are right!

Cool!  Great advice i will do that