Trade, Exchange, Pre Owned Games ???

Hi Everyone,

I am an xbox owner here in the UK i am moving to Riyadh at the end of this month i wanted to know are there any game shops in riyadh where u can buy second hand games or exchange your games for others kind of like what we have in the UK CEX, Game and gamestation etc...

Thank you

Theres plenty of places to buy NEW games here in riyadh, I dont know if they sell any pre owned stuff like in cex. you can buy most games from  supermarket stalls or in a massive bookstore that sells everything from books to games tvs computers, basically everything for a higher price. You wont end up paying more than 250 riyals for a new game, then again you can find games much cheaper in stalls outside supermarkets for around 150-190 riyals. Im a ps3 owner myslef and went and bought dark souls today for 170 riyal knocked down from 190 by my brilliant haggling skills ; which is round about 30 pound which is quite reasonable considering its brand new in the original plastic film and all.

That's pretty kool what do u do with the games you don't want how do u sell them

I'm not too sure as of yet because I'm still settling tot the place myself, your best bet would to go downtown to the old part of the city where basically anything goes, you can buy loads of fake crap, electronics etc, for much cheaper than in the malls, but shopping there is generally a hassle and its quite packed at night time so travelling in and out can sometimes be a nightmare. They basically have STREETS dedicated for shopping categories, like you'll find a whole street dedicated to mobile phone and electronics and another dedicated to just selling clothes, quite cool when you see it. But ya If your lucky you might stumble upon a little shop that buys and sells second hand games but dont expect it to be anything like CEX.

don't worry bro wherever you go you will always find a place where people selling second hands and cheap prices. Like in riyadh there's Batha, a crowded place for all nationality where you can get cheap xbox game for only 20riyals or less, only covered with plastic. the good thing in xbox can be played by copied cd's unlike ps3 needed to download from psn or either you jailbreak the ps3. goodluck. :)

Thats too bad cause in 2 years time ill have like a 1,000 unwanted games ill have to keep sending them back to the UK is there anything like ebay where u can sell stuff locally in Riyadh ??? come to think of it theres a massive business oppurtinity might just end up buying a CEX franchise i have just spoken to them they only want you to make a £150,000 investment and the will set you up a shop in Riyadh.

Jasfur, Can you buy copied ps3 games in ksa if you jailbreak your ps3? Also can you get banned from playing online with them??

@choulders, that seems like a great idea but you'll be competing with the likes of Jarir bookstore with regards to selling stuff, Jarir sell EVERYTHING and I mean it. I suggest you check out their website for a better understanding, Also bare in mind that Saudi's are very wealthy and probably not interested at all in trading in their games, Chances are most saudi children get their parents to splash out loads of money on new games, they're very close minded, you'll understand when you see riyadh itself

zakarie95 wrote:

Jasfur, Can you buy copied ps3 games in ksa if you jailbreak your ps3? Also can you get banned from playing online with them??

only xbox has copied games, if you jailbreak your ps3 you cannot use your internet cause the psn will continue asking for your ps3 update. :)