Open up and business of import export of daily use items

Hello , all my friends and fellows :) i have been to Tanzania way back in 2000 i was very young but i loved the  business out there in East Africa and wished to do it myself some day , now i feel to visit TZ again and open up and business of import export of daily use items as hair oil , soaps , toiletteries etc etc may be used clothes and shoes too , can i know from you firends how is the business there and can i sell 1 container a month there ? will it be a profitable business ? thanks all
PS: i love Arusha too :) and i am from India :)

It totally depends how you do the sourcing , who you use to clear  your cargo and the item you bring also matters a lot so it is better you come down with a list of items and brands prices then you compare with what is available in the market.Do not come with a fixed mind what you want to deal in.You might find some better business.So karibu Tanzania.

Hi amzad,

Welcome to expat-blog!

For better visibility, a new topic was created from your post on the Tanzania Forum. Hope this might be helpful,

Thank you,

David.

hello Scaniamsa thanks for you advice , it shall be very helpfull for me to think on those lines too :)

bring used stuff,clothes for women from uk or italy

hello amzad, clothing business is very profitable in dar es salaam. HOpe you'll make lots of profits.

You can buy things in China with very cheap price and ship containers from China to Tanzania.