Beaches in Cotonou

Hi everyone! I'll be staying in Cotonou for a month or so and I'll be taking my sport addiction gear with me :D. That is kitesurfing.

I couldn't find any decent information about kitesurfing in Benin and really like to know where is the safest beach to go in the weekends. The less crowded, the better!

Thanks a lot!

Weekend is coming! And I am still looking for a safe place at the beach (specially on Saturday, when the wind seems to be picking up :D)

No hint for this poor brazilian guy? ;)

hi poor brazilian guy lol:) ...i hope you can find a nice beach for your kite...i miss kite surfing...please share some info if you can find your beach...just maybe i an try my hands again on that kite..lol.....

Hey, Jeovy!
I did try to kite in front of Benin Marina Hotel on last Monday and Wednesday. On the first try, the wind was too light sometimes and I even got a stall!
On the second, the wind was great! The sea, however, had no mercy! Going right was easy. Even made nice jumps using waves as ramps. Going to the left was really hard, as both wind and waves were pulling hard towards the beach. Impossible to go upwind.

I am trying to find a more calm beach, maybe to the west. Someone said that the sea at "Casa del Papa" is better. Probably going there on Saturday. I'll post here my findings.

By the way, are you in Cotonou right now?

Cheers! :D