Looking for friends!

Hi everyone! My name is Julia, I am living in Kiev now and looking for English speaking friends!

Hi Julia!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Hi Julia, I am South African and live in Odessa.
regards
Sean

Hi Sean!
Thank you for replying! I am originally from Ukraine but lived in SA for 20 years, so I am basically South African now! :) What brings you to Ukraine? I didn't even think there are people from SA in Ukraine!:top:

Hello Julia. I am also in a position similar to yours - returned to Ukraine after having spent years abroad. In my opinion Ukraine offers unique challenges as well as some possibilities (and I deliberately did not call them opportunities).You can read my previous posts on this matter; there you will find info on things like employment opportunities, business climate, price level etc.

To sum it all up I would say that from a Westener's perspective Ukraine would be a poor country, with few money-making opportunities and corruption in bigger cities. The cost of living is relatively high. It is also a place where foreigners must be careful due to perception that they are in the country to party, with lots of money

However, as a Ukrainian I must also note the progress our country has made over the years on the road to being closer with the rest of the world...albeit incomplete. Now you can start a business, worship freely, associate and organize without the fear of secret service and so on. The political and social climate is also one of the most tolerant in Russian speaking countries and for me personally (a Russian-speaking person from Odessa) offers infinite possibilities of living a freer life here at home.

So here you have it...both good and bad. Should you have any questions please contact me directly...and good luck in Ukraine.

Oleg

Hi Julia,
My name is Michael and I will be moving soon to the Ukraine.I am also ex South African  calling Australia home for the past 13 years.
I would like to make friends with you and other ex pats.
regards,
Michael.

Hi Sean,
I would like to meet you.I am coming to the Ukraine very shortly.
Regards,
Michael.
Ex South African living in Australia.

Hi Michael!
Nice to meet you! I hope you'll enjoy your moving to Ukraine! Have you visited Ukraine before? Anyway, good luck!

Julia

Hi Julia,
I have visited Ukraine several times.Maybe we can catch up when I come to Kiev .It will be very soon.I absolutely love the culture.I think it could be a wonderful country if it is run properly.I think every country has it's own unique problems.
Have a nice day.
Sincerely,
Michael.

Hi Sean,
Can you please tell me more about living in Crimea.I have a friend here in Brisbane that came from Crimea.
She tells me that it is a fantastic place but she loves Australia.
What more can I say.
I want to explore Europe.
Regards,
Michael.

Hi Michael!
It would be interresting to chat with you when you are here in Ukraine. Give me a shout when you get here.
Best regards.
Julia

Hi Julia,
How are you?I will definetely keep in touch with you .I  coming to Kiev before end of this year.I am learning russian but it is very difficult and I don't get enough time to study.
If you want to write directly to me ,here is my details.
[email protected]
Skype;michiel.leonard
Mobile;+6104398 07864
I like Kiev very much.Did you settle in already?
Sincerely,
Michael.
Time zone difference is 7 hrs.

Guys, we can create and event and meet all together! Somewhere in Maidan?

hi Julia..am new to kiew too...and I dont lknow anyone from kiew...If your interested we can arrange a meeting and get to know each other to make a friendship...I have been here for a job interview with Kiew Tech. University to be a lecturer at engineering and business faculty....take care..bye...

Hi Michael, so sorry for the late reply, as you didn't message me directly, I didn't see it until now.

Are you still coming to Ukraine?

You can write me on dalgetysean atg mail.com

regards
Sean

Hi Sean,How are you?
Sorry ,I did not see your message.I am trying to get a Short stay visa.They have changed the rules of the visas so it is much more difficult to get  one.Hopefully I will be in ukr before xmas.I am deffinetely coming to Odessa.
My Skype;michiel.leonard
Email;[email protected]
Regards,
Michael.

[Moderated: Inappropriate]

Hi Sean,You are absolutely right.Do you know of any cheap accomodation in Odessa.Hopefully if everything goes well i will be there in 2 months.I got a full program.
I will write you an email.It is more private.
Regards,
Michael.

Hey everybody's but seandal , how u doing ?  Its zach from Egypt would like meet new ppl in kiev

Hi,
How are you,Welcome to the site.I am Mike Leonard and I will be in Kiev in November.I am currently in Australia.My Email address is [email protected]
I am hoping to get permanent recidency In Ukraine.Long story.
Regards,
Michael.

Hi Polly,Where are you originally from?
It is nice to know there is still friendly and helpful people in this world.Enjoy your day.
Regards,
Michael.

well
hello all
i live in ukraine
is nice place really
and oh nice site :)
have nice time
dani :)

Hi Julia

Nice to see that there is another Joburg Safrican in Ukraine.

Unfortunately we're in Zaporozhzhye though.

I'm still driving around with a SA bumper sticker but no takers so far!

Cheers Jaycey    [email protected]

Hi! I'm looking for english speakers, can teach you Russian/Ukarainian

Thank you! But I can speak bouth, Russian and Ukrainian! :D

hello!!!are you still in kiev my dear ??

Hello everybody,

@ Nacrazone123, to whom are you replying ? There are so many members on this thread.

Cheers,
Bhavna

Bhavna wrote:

Hello everybody,

@ Nacrazone123, to whom are you replying ? There are so many members on this thread.

Cheers,
Bhavna

I am still trying to figure out this thread ,and honestly perplexed to whom to reply. :/

and my reply to Julia is hello,welcome to Expat.com .I am sure you are going to find many friends in Keiv. Just have a positive attitude  :top:

Thanks! I meant English-speaking friends! I have local ones :)